Oct 24, 2013, 3:52 PM EST
New Jersey will have veteran winger Patrik Elias back in the lineup tonight when it takes on Vancouver at the Prudential Center.
The Devils could certainly use his offense in the lineup. Elias had four points through the first seven games of the year, averaging over 18 minutes per night — on Thursday, he’s expected to skate on the club’s top line between with Andrei Loktionov and Jaromir Jagr.
In other lineup news, team captain Bryce Salvador will miss tonight’s contest while on bereavement leave. AHL callup Eric Gelinas will likely draw in on defense to replace Salvador, meaning Peter Harrold will likely be a scratch, along with Jacob Josefson and Mattias Tedenby.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)