Oct 24, 2013, 3:52 PM EST
New Jersey will have veteran winger Patrik Elias back in the lineup tonight when it takes on Vancouver at the Prudential Center.
The Devils could certainly use his offense in the lineup. Elias had four points through the first seven games of the year, averaging over 18 minutes per night — on Thursday, he’s expected to skate on the club’s top line between with Andrei Loktionov and Jaromir Jagr.
In other lineup news, team captain Bryce Salvador will miss tonight’s contest while on bereavement leave. AHL callup Eric Gelinas will likely draw in on defense to replace Salvador, meaning Peter Harrold will likely be a scratch, along with Jacob Josefson and Mattias Tedenby.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)