Oct 24, 2013, 3:52 PM EST
New Jersey will have veteran winger Patrik Elias back in the lineup tonight when it takes on Vancouver at the Prudential Center.
The Devils could certainly use his offense in the lineup. Elias had four points through the first seven games of the year, averaging over 18 minutes per night — on Thursday, he’s expected to skate on the club’s top line between with Andrei Loktionov and Jaromir Jagr.
In other lineup news, team captain Bryce Salvador will miss tonight’s contest while on bereavement leave. AHL callup Eric Gelinas will likely draw in on defense to replace Salvador, meaning Peter Harrold will likely be a scratch, along with Jacob Josefson and Mattias Tedenby.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 13
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 31
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11