Oct 24, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
New Jersey will have veteran winger Patrik Elias back in the lineup tonight when it takes on Vancouver at the Prudential Center.
The Devils could certainly use his offense in the lineup. Elias had four points through the first seven games of the year, averaging over 18 minutes per night — on Thursday, he’s expected to skate on the club’s top line between with Andrei Loktionov and Jaromir Jagr.
In other lineup news, team captain Bryce Salvador will miss tonight’s contest while on bereavement leave. AHL callup Eric Gelinas will likely draw in on defense to replace Salvador, meaning Peter Harrold will likely be a scratch, along with Jacob Josefson and Mattias Tedenby.
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 11
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)