Oct 24, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks won’t have Dustin Penner for the second straight game tonight, and might be forced to play a few more without him.
On Thursday, the Ducks announced Penner is still dealing with concussion symptoms after the headshot he took from Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt on Sunday night. Garbutt, who has since been suspended five games for the hit, knocked Penner out temporarily and forced the big winger from the game.
Penner didn’t travel with the Ducks for their current eight-game road swing, and missed Tuesday night’s 4-2 loss to Toronto.
Anaheim is in Montreal tonight and, given the condensed nature of its upcoming schedule, could go several games without Penner. The Ducks are in Ottawa on Friday, Columbus on Sunday, Philadelphia on Tuesday, Boston on Thursday, Buffalo next Saturday and will end their trip on Mon, Nov. 4 with a date against the Rangers at MSG.
The Ducks said Penner will continue to rest until he’s symptom-free, at which point he can resume working out.
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63