Oct 24, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks won’t have Dustin Penner for the second straight game tonight, and might be forced to play a few more without him.
On Thursday, the Ducks announced Penner is still dealing with concussion symptoms after the headshot he took from Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt on Sunday night. Garbutt, who has since been suspended five games for the hit, knocked Penner out temporarily and forced the big winger from the game.
Penner didn’t travel with the Ducks for their current eight-game road swing, and missed Tuesday night’s 4-2 loss to Toronto.
Anaheim is in Montreal tonight and, given the condensed nature of its upcoming schedule, could go several games without Penner. The Ducks are in Ottawa on Friday, Columbus on Sunday, Philadelphia on Tuesday, Boston on Thursday, Buffalo next Saturday and will end their trip on Mon, Nov. 4 with a date against the Rangers at MSG.
The Ducks said Penner will continue to rest until he’s symptom-free, at which point he can resume working out.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)