Oct 24, 2013, 12:21 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks won’t have Dustin Penner for the second straight game tonight, and might be forced to play a few more without him.
On Thursday, the Ducks announced Penner is still dealing with concussion symptoms after the headshot he took from Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt on Sunday night. Garbutt, who has since been suspended five games for the hit, knocked Penner out temporarily and forced the big winger from the game.
Penner didn’t travel with the Ducks for their current eight-game road swing, and missed Tuesday night’s 4-2 loss to Toronto.
Anaheim is in Montreal tonight and, given the condensed nature of its upcoming schedule, could go several games without Penner. The Ducks are in Ottawa on Friday, Columbus on Sunday, Philadelphia on Tuesday, Boston on Thursday, Buffalo next Saturday and will end their trip on Mon, Nov. 4 with a date against the Rangers at MSG.
The Ducks said Penner will continue to rest until he’s symptom-free, at which point he can resume working out.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (72)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)