Oct 24, 2013, 12:21 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks won’t have Dustin Penner for the second straight game tonight, and might be forced to play a few more without him.
On Thursday, the Ducks announced Penner is still dealing with concussion symptoms after the headshot he took from Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt on Sunday night. Garbutt, who has since been suspended five games for the hit, knocked Penner out temporarily and forced the big winger from the game.
Penner didn’t travel with the Ducks for their current eight-game road swing, and missed Tuesday night’s 4-2 loss to Toronto.
Anaheim is in Montreal tonight and, given the condensed nature of its upcoming schedule, could go several games without Penner. The Ducks are in Ottawa on Friday, Columbus on Sunday, Philadelphia on Tuesday, Boston on Thursday, Buffalo next Saturday and will end their trip on Mon, Nov. 4 with a date against the Rangers at MSG.
The Ducks said Penner will continue to rest until he’s symptom-free, at which point he can resume working out.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)