Oct 24, 2013, 12:21 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks won’t have Dustin Penner for the second straight game tonight, and might be forced to play a few more without him.
On Thursday, the Ducks announced Penner is still dealing with concussion symptoms after the headshot he took from Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt on Sunday night. Garbutt, who has since been suspended five games for the hit, knocked Penner out temporarily and forced the big winger from the game.
Penner didn’t travel with the Ducks for their current eight-game road swing, and missed Tuesday night’s 4-2 loss to Toronto.
Anaheim is in Montreal tonight and, given the condensed nature of its upcoming schedule, could go several games without Penner. The Ducks are in Ottawa on Friday, Columbus on Sunday, Philadelphia on Tuesday, Boston on Thursday, Buffalo next Saturday and will end their trip on Mon, Nov. 4 with a date against the Rangers at MSG.
The Ducks said Penner will continue to rest until he’s symptom-free, at which point he can resume working out.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 7
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 19
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 29
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (151)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)