Oct 24, 2013, 2:00 AM EST
The Vancouver Canucks recalled defenseman Yann Sauve from the Utica Comets in the American Hockey League.
The club made the announcement Wednesday evening.
In four games with the Comets this season, Sauve had a pair of assists.
The 23-year-old blue liner has five games of NHL experience, all coming with the Canucks in the 2010-11 season. He is originally a second-round pick of the Canucks from 2008.
His development took a different twist last season, when he was sent to the Kalamazoo Wings in the ECHL for 32 games.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 5
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)