Oct 24, 2013, 2:00 AM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks recalled defenseman Yann Sauve from the Utica Comets in the American Hockey League.
The club made the announcement Wednesday evening.
In four games with the Comets this season, Sauve had a pair of assists.
The 23-year-old blue liner has five games of NHL experience, all coming with the Canucks in the 2010-11 season. He is originally a second-round pick of the Canucks from 2008.
His development took a different twist last season, when he was sent to the Kalamazoo Wings in the ECHL for 32 games.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 80
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)