Oct 24, 2013, 2:00 AM EST
The Vancouver Canucks recalled defenseman Yann Sauve from the Utica Comets in the American Hockey League.
The club made the announcement Wednesday evening.
In four games with the Comets this season, Sauve had a pair of assists.
The 23-year-old blue liner has five games of NHL experience, all coming with the Canucks in the 2010-11 season. He is originally a second-round pick of the Canucks from 2008.
His development took a different twist last season, when he was sent to the Kalamazoo Wings in the ECHL for 32 games.
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 5
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 5
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 4
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 21
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 30
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3