Oct 24, 2013, 2:00 AM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks recalled defenseman Yann Sauve from the Utica Comets in the American Hockey League.
The club made the announcement Wednesday evening.
In four games with the Comets this season, Sauve had a pair of assists.
The 23-year-old blue liner has five games of NHL experience, all coming with the Canucks in the 2010-11 season. He is originally a second-round pick of the Canucks from 2008.
His development took a different twist last season, when he was sent to the Kalamazoo Wings in the ECHL for 32 games.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4