Oct 24, 2013, 5:19 PM EST
“I love it,” Lecavalier said, per CSN Philly. “[Giroux's] a great player, a great passer. Very, very smart, quick little plays. Kind of easy to play with. It’s been going really good in practices. I’ve always played against him and he was a great player, but to be with him, you look at the way he thinks out there, he’s a very special player.”
Normally a center, Lecavalier will be on the right wing against the Rangers (his first game after missing three with a lower-body injury), while Giroux is in the middle, with Michael Raffl on the left side.
Flyers head coach Craig Berube is hopeful Lecavalier can stir Giroux, who has just three assists in eight games.
“I just think Claude, he’ll be very excited to play with a guy of Vinny’s caliber and experience that he’s had over the years, Stanley Cup champion and all those things,” Berube said. “Vinny’s a great goal-scorer, shoots the puck real well. We all know how Claude can pass the puck. So it could be a good combination.”
The Flyers (1-7-0) have scored just 11 goals in eight games.
The Rangers, meanwhile, have the worst goals-against average (4.14) in the NHL, and will have a rookie making his NHL debut in goal tonight.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 0
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)