Oct 24, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
“I love it,” Lecavalier said, per CSN Philly. “[Giroux’s] a great player, a great passer. Very, very smart, quick little plays. Kind of easy to play with. It’s been going really good in practices. I’ve always played against him and he was a great player, but to be with him, you look at the way he thinks out there, he’s a very special player.”
Normally a center, Lecavalier will be on the right wing against the Rangers (his first game after missing three with a lower-body injury), while Giroux is in the middle, with Michael Raffl on the left side.
Flyers head coach Craig Berube is hopeful Lecavalier can stir Giroux, who has just three assists in eight games.
“I just think Claude, he’ll be very excited to play with a guy of Vinny’s caliber and experience that he’s had over the years, Stanley Cup champion and all those things,” Berube said. “Vinny’s a great goal-scorer, shoots the puck real well. We all know how Claude can pass the puck. So it could be a good combination.”
The Flyers (1-7-0) have scored just 11 goals in eight games.
The Rangers, meanwhile, have the worst goals-against average (4.14) in the NHL, and will have a rookie making his NHL debut in goal tonight.
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiation’s’ for extension 0
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 11
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)