Oct 24, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
“I love it,” Lecavalier said, per CSN Philly. “[Giroux’s] a great player, a great passer. Very, very smart, quick little plays. Kind of easy to play with. It’s been going really good in practices. I’ve always played against him and he was a great player, but to be with him, you look at the way he thinks out there, he’s a very special player.”
Normally a center, Lecavalier will be on the right wing against the Rangers (his first game after missing three with a lower-body injury), while Giroux is in the middle, with Michael Raffl on the left side.
Flyers head coach Craig Berube is hopeful Lecavalier can stir Giroux, who has just three assists in eight games.
“I just think Claude, he’ll be very excited to play with a guy of Vinny’s caliber and experience that he’s had over the years, Stanley Cup champion and all those things,” Berube said. “Vinny’s a great goal-scorer, shoots the puck real well. We all know how Claude can pass the puck. So it could be a good combination.”
The Flyers (1-7-0) have scored just 11 goals in eight games.
The Rangers, meanwhile, have the worst goals-against average (4.14) in the NHL, and will have a rookie making his NHL debut in goal tonight.
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 17
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 4
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 51
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 21
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 9
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 6
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 86
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (87)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)