Oct 24, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have suffered a big loss with Loui Eriksson‘s concussion, but one man’s loss can often be another player’s gain. In this case, Brad Marchand might make some gains, as CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty points out that the talented agitator was skating on the B’s second line with Patrice Bergeron and Reilly Smith before Thursday’s game against San Jose.
Marchand, 25, has had a rough start to 2013-14, although he’s quietly building things back up. He’s had an assist in his last two games, which accounts for all but one of his three points in eight contests so far this season.
Maybe he misses skating with Tyler Seguin? Either way, the Bruins’ pest needs to start producing again, and this is a great opportunity to do so.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 0
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55