Oct 24, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have suffered a big loss with Loui Eriksson‘s concussion, but one man’s loss can often be another player’s gain. In this case, Brad Marchand might make some gains, as CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty points out that the talented agitator was skating on the B’s second line with Patrice Bergeron and Reilly Smith before Thursday’s game against San Jose.
Marchand, 25, has had a rough start to 2013-14, although he’s quietly building things back up. He’s had an assist in his last two games, which accounts for all but one of his three points in eight contests so far this season.
Maybe he misses skating with Tyler Seguin? Either way, the Bruins’ pest needs to start producing again, and this is a great opportunity to do so.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)