Oct 24, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have suffered a big loss with Loui Eriksson‘s concussion, but one man’s loss can often be another player’s gain. In this case, Brad Marchand might make some gains, as CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty points out that the talented agitator was skating on the B’s second line with Patrice Bergeron and Reilly Smith before Thursday’s game against San Jose.
Marchand, 25, has had a rough start to 2013-14, although he’s quietly building things back up. He’s had an assist in his last two games, which accounts for all but one of his three points in eight contests so far this season.
Maybe he misses skating with Tyler Seguin? Either way, the Bruins’ pest needs to start producing again, and this is a great opportunity to do so.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 17
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 35
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 87
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (87)