Oct 24, 2013, 7:03 PM EST
The Boston Bruins have suffered a big loss with Loui Eriksson‘s concussion, but one man’s loss can often be another player’s gain. In this case, Brad Marchand might make some gains, as CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty points out that the talented agitator was skating on the B’s second line with Patrice Bergeron and Reilly Smith before Thursday’s game against San Jose.
Marchand, 25, has had a rough start to 2013-14, although he’s quietly building things back up. He’s had an assist in his last two games, which accounts for all but one of his three points in eight contests so far this season.
Maybe he misses skating with Tyler Seguin? Either way, the Bruins’ pest needs to start producing again, and this is a great opportunity to do so.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 38
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 115
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (115)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)