Oct 24, 2013, 7:03 PM EST
The Boston Bruins have suffered a big loss with Loui Eriksson‘s concussion, but one man’s loss can often be another player’s gain. In this case, Brad Marchand might make some gains, as CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty points out that the talented agitator was skating on the B’s second line with Patrice Bergeron and Reilly Smith before Thursday’s game against San Jose.
Marchand, 25, has had a rough start to 2013-14, although he’s quietly building things back up. He’s had an assist in his last two games, which accounts for all but one of his three points in eight contests so far this season.
Maybe he misses skating with Tyler Seguin? Either way, the Bruins’ pest needs to start producing again, and this is a great opportunity to do so.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)