Oct 24, 2013, 9:29 PM EDT
Update: Brutal news from the Hurricanes: Cam Ward will miss three-to-four weeks, the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander reports. Mike Murphy has been recalled, so if the Carolina Hurricanes don’t make a move, their tandem will be Justin Peters and Murphy for some time.
Hurricanes just can’t seem to get much luck health-wise, especially in net. Justin Peters relieved Cam Ward in net on Thursday as Ward appeared to suffer a lower-body injury.
Ward, 29, needed knee surgery this offseason, so the hope is that his MCL problems aren’t returning.
The Hurricanes’ franchise goalie brought a two-game winning streak into tonight’s game after a rocky start to 2013-14. Carolina enjoyed some nice work from Anton Khudobin until he got injured again.
The Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander captures the Hurricanes bad injury luck in net in this Tweet.
To recap, in past two seasons Ward had knee injury, Dan Ellis cut himself, Khudobin was injured and now Ward again.
— Chip Alexander (@ice_chip) October 25, 2013
Brutal, especially since Carolina’s dealt with some tough breaks in its forward and defensive corps the past few years, too.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 1
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 17
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)