Oct 24, 2013, 9:29 PM EDT
Update: Brutal news from the Hurricanes: Cam Ward will miss three-to-four weeks, the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander reports. Mike Murphy has been recalled, so if the Carolina Hurricanes don’t make a move, their tandem will be Justin Peters and Murphy for some time.
Hurricanes just can’t seem to get much luck health-wise, especially in net. Justin Peters relieved Cam Ward in net on Thursday as Ward appeared to suffer a lower-body injury.
Ward, 29, needed knee surgery this offseason, so the hope is that his MCL problems aren’t returning.
The Hurricanes’ franchise goalie brought a two-game winning streak into tonight’s game after a rocky start to 2013-14. Carolina enjoyed some nice work from Anton Khudobin until he got injured again.
The Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander captures the Hurricanes bad injury luck in net in this Tweet.
To recap, in past two seasons Ward had knee injury, Dan Ellis cut himself, Khudobin was injured and now Ward again.
— Chip Alexander (@ice_chip) October 25, 2013
Brutal, especially since Carolina’s dealt with some tough breaks in its forward and defensive corps the past few years, too.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 4
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 24
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1