Oct 24, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks’ forward group was already wobbly with Alex Burrows, Jordan Schroeder and Jannik Hansen on the mend. Now it looks like you can add Dale Weise and David Booth to that group after Thursday’s game against the New Jersey Devils.
(Booth’s struggles were already making some waves, yet now he’s injured.)
The Vancouver Sun’s Brad Ziemer jokes that head coach John Tortorella couldn’t turn to his fourth line because there “isn’t one.” He also confirmed that neither Weise (leg/lower-body) and Booth (undisclosed) will be back during tonight’s action.
At the moment, the Canucks are hanging in there with a 2-2 score, even though they only have 11 shots on goal.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 0
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 3
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 10
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 3
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)