Oct 24, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks’ forward group was already wobbly with Alex Burrows, Jordan Schroeder and Jannik Hansen on the mend. Now it looks like you can add Dale Weise and David Booth to that group after Thursday’s game against the New Jersey Devils.
(Booth’s struggles were already making some waves, yet now he’s injured.)
The Vancouver Sun’s Brad Ziemer jokes that head coach John Tortorella couldn’t turn to his fourth line because there “isn’t one.” He also confirmed that neither Weise (leg/lower-body) and Booth (undisclosed) will be back during tonight’s action.
At the moment, the Canucks are hanging in there with a 2-2 score, even though they only have 11 shots on goal.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18