Oct 24, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks’ forward group was already wobbly with Alex Burrows, Jordan Schroeder and Jannik Hansen on the mend. Now it looks like you can add Dale Weise and David Booth to that group after Thursday’s game against the New Jersey Devils.
(Booth’s struggles were already making some waves, yet now he’s injured.)
The Vancouver Sun’s Brad Ziemer jokes that head coach John Tortorella couldn’t turn to his fourth line because there “isn’t one.” He also confirmed that neither Weise (leg/lower-body) and Booth (undisclosed) will be back during tonight’s action.
At the moment, the Canucks are hanging in there with a 2-2 score, even though they only have 11 shots on goal.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)