Oct 23, 2013, 12:19 AM EDT
Whether Lars Eller‘s comments about the Edmonton Oilers being structured like a “junior team” were “taken out of context,” or not, Edmonton head coach Dallas Eakins apparently exploited them as a motivational tool. There’s probably more to the Oilers 4-2 win (after coming from behind 2-0) on Tuesday, but still, Eakins didn’t deny it.
Note: Eakins seems a little obsessed with “hockey gods” doesn’t he? Does he think that’s a real thing? So many questions.
The Oilers and Canadiens won’t meet again in 2013-14 unless it’s in the 2014 Stanley Cup Final, so sadly, we won’t get a chance to see Eller try to get revenge.
So at least for now, the Oil get the last laugh.
Well, unless the hockey gods think that Eakins ran his mouth and should pay too. /gets confused
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (91)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)