Oct 23, 2013, 12:19 AM EDT
Whether Lars Eller‘s comments about the Edmonton Oilers being structured like a “junior team” were “taken out of context,” or not, Edmonton head coach Dallas Eakins apparently exploited them as a motivational tool. There’s probably more to the Oilers 4-2 win (after coming from behind 2-0) on Tuesday, but still, Eakins didn’t deny it.
Note: Eakins seems a little obsessed with “hockey gods” doesn’t he? Does he think that’s a real thing? So many questions.
The Oilers and Canadiens won’t meet again in 2013-14 unless it’s in the 2014 Stanley Cup Final, so sadly, we won’t get a chance to see Eller try to get revenge.
So at least for now, the Oil get the last laugh.
Well, unless the hockey gods think that Eakins ran his mouth and should pay too. /gets confused
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 0
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 0
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 27
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 44
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)