Oct 23, 2013, 12:19 AM EST
Whether Lars Eller‘s comments about the Edmonton Oilers being structured like a “junior team” were “taken out of context,” or not, Edmonton head coach Dallas Eakins apparently exploited them as a motivational tool. There’s probably more to the Oilers 4-2 win (after coming from behind 2-0) on Tuesday, but still, Eakins didn’t deny it.
Note: Eakins seems a little obsessed with “hockey gods” doesn’t he? Does he think that’s a real thing? So many questions.
The Oilers and Canadiens won’t meet again in 2013-14 unless it’s in the 2014 Stanley Cup Final, so sadly, we won’t get a chance to see Eller try to get revenge.
So at least for now, the Oil get the last laugh.
Well, unless the hockey gods think that Eakins ran his mouth and should pay too. /gets confused
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 5
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 43
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 50
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 53
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 15
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)