Oct 23, 2013, 12:19 AM EST
Whether Lars Eller‘s comments about the Edmonton Oilers being structured like a “junior team” were “taken out of context,” or not, Edmonton head coach Dallas Eakins apparently exploited them as a motivational tool. There’s probably more to the Oilers 4-2 win (after coming from behind 2-0) on Tuesday, but still, Eakins didn’t deny it.
Note: Eakins seems a little obsessed with “hockey gods” doesn’t he? Does he think that’s a real thing? So many questions.
The Oilers and Canadiens won’t meet again in 2013-14 unless it’s in the 2014 Stanley Cup Final, so sadly, we won’t get a chance to see Eller try to get revenge.
So at least for now, the Oil get the last laugh.
Well, unless the hockey gods think that Eakins ran his mouth and should pay too. /gets confused
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)