Oct 23, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
Boston Bruins sophomore defenseman Dougie Hamilton gave his team a two-goal lead over the Buffalo Sabres and did so in spectacular fashion Wednesday night.
The Sabres had cut that Bruins’ lead to just one goal after 40 minutes.
The Hamilton goal started in the Bruins’ zone, after goalie Chad Johnson, making his first start as a member of the Bruins, had to bail out a teammate for a bad giveaway that led to a Marcus Foligno shot.
Johnson made the save, which led to the rush back up the ice and the Hamilton goal.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40