Oct 23, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
Boston Bruins sophomore defenseman Dougie Hamilton gave his team a two-goal lead over the Buffalo Sabres and did so in spectacular fashion Wednesday night.
The Sabres had cut that Bruins’ lead to just one goal after 40 minutes.
The Hamilton goal started in the Bruins’ zone, after goalie Chad Johnson, making his first start as a member of the Bruins, had to bail out a teammate for a bad giveaway that led to a Marcus Foligno shot.
Johnson made the save, which led to the rush back up the ice and the Hamilton goal.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63