Oct 23, 2013, 10:01 PM EST
Boston Bruins sophomore defenseman Dougie Hamilton gave his team a two-goal lead over the Buffalo Sabres and did so in spectacular fashion Wednesday night.
The Sabres had cut that Bruins’ lead to just one goal after 40 minutes.
The Hamilton goal started in the Bruins’ zone, after goalie Chad Johnson, making his first start as a member of the Bruins, had to bail out a teammate for a bad giveaway that led to a Marcus Foligno shot.
Johnson made the save, which led to the rush back up the ice and the Hamilton goal.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2