Oct 23, 2013, 10:01 PM EST
Boston Bruins sophomore defenseman Dougie Hamilton gave his team a two-goal lead over the Buffalo Sabres and did so in spectacular fashion Wednesday night.
The Sabres had cut that Bruins’ lead to just one goal after 40 minutes.
The Hamilton goal started in the Bruins’ zone, after goalie Chad Johnson, making his first start as a member of the Bruins, had to bail out a teammate for a bad giveaway that led to a Marcus Foligno shot.
Johnson made the save, which led to the rush back up the ice and the Hamilton goal.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 3
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 28
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 30
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 55
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (55)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)