Oct 23, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
The Dallas Stars could have another young player in the lineup tomorrow versus Calgary if head coach Lindy Ruff decides to give defenseman Kevin Connauton the nod.
“We’re going to meet on that this afternoon. We’ve had some conversations on where we want to go. I think I’ve shared with you that the patience for some of the plays we’ve made on the back end is very thin,” Ruff said today, per The Dallas Morning News. “There’s a chance Connauton will play tomorrow. I think he’s put his work in and had a good camp, and I think the opportunity is now for him to play.”
Goligoski actually practiced on the fourth forward line Wednesday in the absence of veteran winger Erik Cole, who was taking a maintenance day.
Connauton was paired with Sergei Gonchar.
The Stars have lost four of their last five while surrendering 22 goals in the process.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)