Oct 23, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars could have another young player in the lineup tomorrow versus Calgary if head coach Lindy Ruff decides to give defenseman Kevin Connauton the nod.
“We’re going to meet on that this afternoon. We’ve had some conversations on where we want to go. I think I’ve shared with you that the patience for some of the plays we’ve made on the back end is very thin,” Ruff said today, per The Dallas Morning News. “There’s a chance Connauton will play tomorrow. I think he’s put his work in and had a good camp, and I think the opportunity is now for him to play.”
Goligoski actually practiced on the fourth forward line Wednesday in the absence of veteran winger Erik Cole, who was taking a maintenance day.
Connauton was paired with Sergei Gonchar.
The Stars have lost four of their last five while surrendering 22 goals in the process.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (85)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (38)