Oct 23, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars could have another young player in the lineup tomorrow versus Calgary if head coach Lindy Ruff decides to give defenseman Kevin Connauton the nod.
“We’re going to meet on that this afternoon. We’ve had some conversations on where we want to go. I think I’ve shared with you that the patience for some of the plays we’ve made on the back end is very thin,” Ruff said today, per The Dallas Morning News. “There’s a chance Connauton will play tomorrow. I think he’s put his work in and had a good camp, and I think the opportunity is now for him to play.”
Goligoski actually practiced on the fourth forward line Wednesday in the absence of veteran winger Erik Cole, who was taking a maintenance day.
Connauton was paired with Sergei Gonchar.
The Stars have lost four of their last five while surrendering 22 goals in the process.
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 0
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 58
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 49
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)