Oct 23, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars could have another young player in the lineup tomorrow versus Calgary if head coach Lindy Ruff decides to give defenseman Kevin Connauton the nod.
“We’re going to meet on that this afternoon. We’ve had some conversations on where we want to go. I think I’ve shared with you that the patience for some of the plays we’ve made on the back end is very thin,” Ruff said today, per The Dallas Morning News. “There’s a chance Connauton will play tomorrow. I think he’s put his work in and had a good camp, and I think the opportunity is now for him to play.”
Goligoski actually practiced on the fourth forward line Wednesday in the absence of veteran winger Erik Cole, who was taking a maintenance day.
Connauton was paired with Sergei Gonchar.
The Stars have lost four of their last five while surrendering 22 goals in the process.
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 13
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31