Oct 23, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
The Dallas Stars could have another young player in the lineup tomorrow versus Calgary if head coach Lindy Ruff decides to give defenseman Kevin Connauton the nod.
“We’re going to meet on that this afternoon. We’ve had some conversations on where we want to go. I think I’ve shared with you that the patience for some of the plays we’ve made on the back end is very thin,” Ruff said today, per The Dallas Morning News. “There’s a chance Connauton will play tomorrow. I think he’s put his work in and had a good camp, and I think the opportunity is now for him to play.”
Goligoski actually practiced on the fourth forward line Wednesday in the absence of veteran winger Erik Cole, who was taking a maintenance day.
Connauton was paired with Sergei Gonchar.
The Stars have lost four of their last five while surrendering 22 goals in the process.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (146)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)