Oct 23, 2013, 8:16 PM EST
The ballyhooed reunion game between the Senators and Daniel Alfredsson started as a pretty one-sided affair.
Ottawa came out guns blazing at Joe Louis on Wednesday night, chasing Jimmy Howard from the Detroit goal by scoring three goals on its first eight shots. Defenseman Eric Gryba opened things at 5:46 with his first of the year, followed by a Jason Spezza power play tally five minutes later.
(The move seemed to briefly spark the Wings, as Todd Bertuzzi scored his third of the year at the 16:16 mark.)
As for Alfredsson, his first period was a quiet one. Detroit head coach Mike Babcock gave him the start but, at the time of writing, Alfie had played just 4:01 in the frame… though he did dish out a pair of hits.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14