Oct 23, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
From our friend Kevin Kurz at CSN Bay Area:
Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle will rejoin the team Wednesday night in Boston, according to a team source.
Boyle is expected to be on the ice at TD Garden Thursday morning for the team’s morning skate. It will be the first time Boyle steps on the ice since being hit from behind and into the boards by the Blues’ Maxim Lapierre on October 16 in St. Louis.
Note this doesn’t mean Boyle, currently on injured reserve, is going to play against the Bruins. The 37-year-old could possibly be back in action Oct. 30 (next Wednesday) in Los Angeles, according to an estimate by Sharks beat writer David Pollak of the Mercury News.
After the Bruins game, the Sharks play Saturday in Montreal and Sunday in Ottawa.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)