Oct 23, 2013, 4:19 PM EST
From our friend Kevin Kurz at CSN Bay Area:
Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle will rejoin the team Wednesday night in Boston, according to a team source.
Boyle is expected to be on the ice at TD Garden Thursday morning for the team’s morning skate. It will be the first time Boyle steps on the ice since being hit from behind and into the boards by the Blues’ Maxim Lapierre on October 16 in St. Louis.
Note this doesn’t mean Boyle, currently on injured reserve, is going to play against the Bruins. The 37-year-old could possibly be back in action Oct. 30 (next Wednesday) in Los Angeles, according to an estimate by Sharks beat writer David Pollak of the Mercury News.
After the Bruins game, the Sharks play Saturday in Montreal and Sunday in Ottawa.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12