Oct 23, 2013, 4:19 PM EST
From our friend Kevin Kurz at CSN Bay Area:
Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle will rejoin the team Wednesday night in Boston, according to a team source.
Boyle is expected to be on the ice at TD Garden Thursday morning for the team’s morning skate. It will be the first time Boyle steps on the ice since being hit from behind and into the boards by the Blues’ Maxim Lapierre on October 16 in St. Louis.
Note this doesn’t mean Boyle, currently on injured reserve, is going to play against the Bruins. The 37-year-old could possibly be back in action Oct. 30 (next Wednesday) in Los Angeles, according to an estimate by Sharks beat writer David Pollak of the Mercury News.
After the Bruins game, the Sharks play Saturday in Montreal and Sunday in Ottawa.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)