Oct 23, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
The pair received spot duty over the last week. Zolnierczyk appeared in three contests, Conner two and, while neither hit the scoresheet, Conner did average over 10 minutes per game in the 160th and 161st games of his NHL career.
The pair were sent back to WBS as a few injured Penguins appear on the verge of getting healthy. Forward Matt D’Agostini is back to practicing fully, but can’t be taken off IR until this weekend. Defenseman Kris Letang skated alongside partner Rob Scurderi at even strength and Paul Martin on the team’s top power-play unit during Wednesday’s practice, and appears as though he’s close to getting back into action.
Pittsburgh will also soon have to make a roster decision on 19-year-old defenseman Olli Maatta, to either keep him at the NHL level for the remainder of the year or ship him back to his junior club, the OHL’s London Knights.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 10
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17