Oct 23, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
The pair received spot duty over the last week. Zolnierczyk appeared in three contests, Conner two and, while neither hit the scoresheet, Conner did average over 10 minutes per game in the 160th and 161st games of his NHL career.
The pair were sent back to WBS as a few injured Penguins appear on the verge of getting healthy. Forward Matt D’Agostini is back to practicing fully, but can’t be taken off IR until this weekend. Defenseman Kris Letang skated alongside partner Rob Scurderi at even strength and Paul Martin on the team’s top power-play unit during Wednesday’s practice, and appears as though he’s close to getting back into action.
Pittsburgh will also soon have to make a roster decision on 19-year-old defenseman Olli Maatta, to either keep him at the NHL level for the remainder of the year or ship him back to his junior club, the OHL’s London Knights.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 33
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6