Oct 23, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
The pair received spot duty over the last week. Zolnierczyk appeared in three contests, Conner two and, while neither hit the scoresheet, Conner did average over 10 minutes per game in the 160th and 161st games of his NHL career.
The pair were sent back to WBS as a few injured Penguins appear on the verge of getting healthy. Forward Matt D’Agostini is back to practicing fully, but can’t be taken off IR until this weekend. Defenseman Kris Letang skated alongside partner Rob Scurderi at even strength and Paul Martin on the team’s top power-play unit during Wednesday’s practice, and appears as though he’s close to getting back into action.
Pittsburgh will also soon have to make a roster decision on 19-year-old defenseman Olli Maatta, to either keep him at the NHL level for the remainder of the year or ship him back to his junior club, the OHL’s London Knights.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)