Oct 23, 2013, 5:23 PM EST
The pair received spot duty over the last week. Zolnierczyk appeared in three contests, Conner two and, while neither hit the scoresheet, Conner did average over 10 minutes per game in the 160th and 161st games of his NHL career.
The pair were sent back to WBS as a few injured Penguins appear on the verge of getting healthy. Forward Matt D’Agostini is back to practicing fully, but can’t be taken off IR until this weekend. Defenseman Kris Letang skated alongside partner Rob Scurderi at even strength and Paul Martin on the team’s top power-play unit during Wednesday’s practice, and appears as though he’s close to getting back into action.
Pittsburgh will also soon have to make a roster decision on 19-year-old defenseman Olli Maatta, to either keep him at the NHL level for the remainder of the year or ship him back to his junior club, the OHL’s London Knights.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 11
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)