Oct 23, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
The pair received spot duty over the last week. Zolnierczyk appeared in three contests, Conner two and, while neither hit the scoresheet, Conner did average over 10 minutes per game in the 160th and 161st games of his NHL career.
The pair were sent back to WBS as a few injured Penguins appear on the verge of getting healthy. Forward Matt D’Agostini is back to practicing fully, but can’t be taken off IR until this weekend. Defenseman Kris Letang skated alongside partner Rob Scurderi at even strength and Paul Martin on the team’s top power-play unit during Wednesday’s practice, and appears as though he’s close to getting back into action.
Pittsburgh will also soon have to make a roster decision on 19-year-old defenseman Olli Maatta, to either keep him at the NHL level for the remainder of the year or ship him back to his junior club, the OHL’s London Knights.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)