Oct 23, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Less than a week after scoring his first NHL goal, Josh Leivo is headed back to the minors.
On Wednesday, the Leafs announced they’d sent Leivo back to the AHL Marlies, presumably in a move to free up a roster spot for David Clarkson, who returns from his 10-game suspension on Friday.
Leivo, 20, played his way into the Toronto mix after a solid preseason and six quality regular-season contests with the club. He played a career-high 13:45 against Minnesota on Oct. 15, then scored his aforementioned first career goal against Carolina the next game out.
In Tuesday night’s big win — a 4-2 victory over the red-hot Ducks — Leivo assisted on Dion Phaneuf‘s second period goal, but finished with just 6:45 of ice time.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)