Oct 23, 2013, 10:45 AM EST
Less than a week after scoring his first NHL goal, Josh Leivo is headed back to the minors.
On Wednesday, the Leafs announced they’d sent Leivo back to the AHL Marlies, presumably in a move to free up a roster spot for David Clarkson, who returns from his 10-game suspension on Friday.
Leivo, 20, played his way into the Toronto mix after a solid preseason and six quality regular-season contests with the club. He played a career-high 13:45 against Minnesota on Oct. 15, then scored his aforementioned first career goal against Carolina the next game out.
In Tuesday night’s big win — a 4-2 victory over the red-hot Ducks — Leivo assisted on Dion Phaneuf‘s second period goal, but finished with just 6:45 of ice time.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)