Oct 23, 2013, 1:07 PM EST
Nope, from the when-it-rains-it-pours file, the 32-year-old apparently took a puck to the mouth during the morning skate and is off to see a dentist this afternoon.
Rookie blue-liner Xavier Ouellet, who made an impressive NHL debut Monday versus San Jose, has been recalled from AHL Grand Rapids in case Kronwall can’t play.
The Wings will definitely be without defenseman Jonathan Ericsson tonight; he’s out 2-3 weeks with a shoulder injury.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 16
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 53
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)