Oct 23, 2013, 1:07 PM EDT
Nope, from the when-it-rains-it-pours file, the 32-year-old apparently took a puck to the mouth during the morning skate and is off to see a dentist this afternoon.
Rookie blue-liner Xavier Ouellet, who made an impressive NHL debut Monday versus San Jose, has been recalled from AHL Grand Rapids in case Kronwall can’t play.
The Wings will definitely be without defenseman Jonathan Ericsson tonight; he’s out 2-3 weeks with a shoulder injury.
- Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 5
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 2
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)