Oct 23, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
The Canucks have two games left in their season-long road trip, but they’ll have to finish it off without Jannik Hansen.
Hansen was returned to Vancouver on Wednesday after suffering an upper-body injury during Tuesday’s 5-4 OT win over the Islanders, according to the Vancouver Sun.
The 27-year-old Dane was injured after falling into the boards while engaged with New York defenseman Brian Strait in the first period, and didn’t return:
Hansen is a key contributor up front for Vancouver, a solid two-way player that scored 16 goals and 39 points during the 2011-12 campaign. He was rewarded with a four-year, $10 million extension just prior to the start of the regular season.
The Canucks play in New Jersey on Thursday night and in St. Louis in Friday before returning home for a game against Washington on Monday, Oct. 28. It’s possible Hansen could be back in the lineup for the Caps game if he recovers sufficiently over the next six days, though the Canucks haven’t offered a potential timetable for return.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)