Oct 23, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
The Canucks have two games left in their season-long road trip, but they’ll have to finish it off without Jannik Hansen.
Hansen was returned to Vancouver on Wednesday after suffering an upper-body injury during Tuesday’s 5-4 OT win over the Islanders, according to the Vancouver Sun.
The 27-year-old Dane was injured after falling into the boards while engaged with New York defenseman Brian Strait in the first period, and didn’t return:
Hansen is a key contributor up front for Vancouver, a solid two-way player that scored 16 goals and 39 points during the 2011-12 campaign. He was rewarded with a four-year, $10 million extension just prior to the start of the regular season.
The Canucks play in New Jersey on Thursday night and in St. Louis in Friday before returning home for a game against Washington on Monday, Oct. 28. It’s possible Hansen could be back in the lineup for the Caps game if he recovers sufficiently over the next six days, though the Canucks haven’t offered a potential timetable for return.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 4
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)