Oct 23, 2013, 4:22 PM EST
The Canucks have two games left in their season-long road trip, but they’ll have to finish it off without Jannik Hansen.
Hansen was returned to Vancouver on Wednesday after suffering an upper-body injury during Tuesday’s 5-4 OT win over the Islanders, according to the Vancouver Sun.
The 27-year-old Dane was injured after falling into the boards while engaged with New York defenseman Brian Strait in the first period, and didn’t return:
Hansen is a key contributor up front for Vancouver, a solid two-way player that scored 16 goals and 39 points during the 2011-12 campaign. He was rewarded with a four-year, $10 million extension just prior to the start of the regular season.
The Canucks play in New Jersey on Thursday night and in St. Louis in Friday before returning home for a game against Washington on Monday, Oct. 28. It’s possible Hansen could be back in the lineup for the Caps game if he recovers sufficiently over the next six days, though the Canucks haven’t offered a potential timetable for return.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)