Oct 23, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
The Canucks have two games left in their season-long road trip, but they’ll have to finish it off without Jannik Hansen.
Hansen was returned to Vancouver on Wednesday after suffering an upper-body injury during Tuesday’s 5-4 OT win over the Islanders, according to the Vancouver Sun.
The 27-year-old Dane was injured after falling into the boards while engaged with New York defenseman Brian Strait in the first period, and didn’t return:
Hansen is a key contributor up front for Vancouver, a solid two-way player that scored 16 goals and 39 points during the 2011-12 campaign. He was rewarded with a four-year, $10 million extension just prior to the start of the regular season.
The Canucks play in New Jersey on Thursday night and in St. Louis in Friday before returning home for a game against Washington on Monday, Oct. 28. It’s possible Hansen could be back in the lineup for the Caps game if he recovers sufficiently over the next six days, though the Canucks haven’t offered a potential timetable for return.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)