Oct 23, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
The Canucks have two games left in their season-long road trip, but they’ll have to finish it off without Jannik Hansen.
Hansen was returned to Vancouver on Wednesday after suffering an upper-body injury during Tuesday’s 5-4 OT win over the Islanders, according to the Vancouver Sun.
The 27-year-old Dane was injured after falling into the boards while engaged with New York defenseman Brian Strait in the first period, and didn’t return:
Hansen is a key contributor up front for Vancouver, a solid two-way player that scored 16 goals and 39 points during the 2011-12 campaign. He was rewarded with a four-year, $10 million extension just prior to the start of the regular season.
The Canucks play in New Jersey on Thursday night and in St. Louis in Friday before returning home for a game against Washington on Monday, Oct. 28. It’s possible Hansen could be back in the lineup for the Caps game if he recovers sufficiently over the next six days, though the Canucks haven’t offered a potential timetable for return.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)