Oct 23, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
News and notes from the crease…
Boston goes with Ocho Cinco
Johnson, 27, spent last year with the Coyotes and was impressive in a limited amount of work, going 2-0-2 with a .954 save percentage and 1.21 GAA.
Rask has been in goal for all seven of Boston’s games thus far, posting a 5-2-0 record with a 1.29 GAA and .954 save percentage.
– Cory Schneider will make his third straight start on Thursday against his old team, the Vancouver Canucks.
– The Panthers put Tim Thomas on IR. He’ll miss Friday’s game against Buffalo and Sunday’s game against Tampa Bay.
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 15
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 9
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 40
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 4
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (120)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)