Oct 23, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
News and notes from the crease…
Boston goes with Ocho Cinco
Johnson, 27, spent last year with the Coyotes and was impressive in a limited amount of work, going 2-0-2 with a .954 save percentage and 1.21 GAA.
Rask has been in goal for all seven of Boston’s games thus far, posting a 5-2-0 record with a 1.29 GAA and .954 save percentage.
— Cory Schneider will make his third straight start on Thursday against his old team, the Vancouver Canucks.
— The Panthers put Tim Thomas on IR. He’ll miss Friday’s game against Buffalo and Sunday’s game against Tampa Bay.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)