Oct 23, 2013, 10:58 PM EDT
The Bruins won by a final score of 5-2, however Scott, the Sabres tough guy, was assessed a major penalty for charging for his elbow to the head of Eriksson less than six minutes into the third period.
- How many games should Scott get?
- The Bruins got a pair of third period goals from defenseman Torey Krug to pull away from the floundering Sabres. In the final seconds, the crowd in Buffalo, having already voiced their frustrations this season, began booing.
- Chad Johnson‘s debut for the Bruins could not have gone any better, or easier. He faced 17 shots. Yes. Seventeen shots. He stopped 15 of them, but was tested only twice in the third period.
- Pretty nice save here by Ryan Miller. But it was tough night for the Sabres’ goalie after that.
- Some good news for the Sabres: Rookie defenseman Nikita Zadorov, at just 18 years old and the 16th overall pick in this year’s draft, scored his first career NHL goal for Buffalo.
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 0
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 2
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 0
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 42
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)