Oct 22, 2013, 12:20 PM EST
Mika Zibanejad’s time in the minors has come to a close — for now.
Zibanejad, Ottawa’s first-round pick (sixth overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, has been recalled from AHL Binghamton after a successful stint with the B-Sens that saw him score two goals and seven points in six games.
The 20-year-old was a surprise final cut from the Sens roster following training camp, especially after playing well during the 2013 season, his first full NHL campaign.
Zibanejad finished fourth on the team in scoring (20 points in 42 games) — as a 19-year-old — then proceeded to score four points in 10 playoff games while averaging over 13 minutes a night.
A 6-foot-2, 211-pounder with skill, Zibanejad returns to the Sens at a crucial time. The club is facing an extremely difficult stretch of the the schedule — on Wednesday, the Sens play in Detroit, followed by home games against Anaheim and San Jose.
After that, it’s out to Chicago for a date at the United Center against the defending Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 9
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 14
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)