Oct 22, 2013, 1:03 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks have dipped into their farm system for lineup reinforcements, recalling Devante Smith-Pelly from AHL Norfolk.
Smith-Pelly, 21, is flying to Toronto to join the team while Dustin Penner remains in Anaheim for further concussion testing and evaluation. Penner was injured during Sunday’s win over Dallas on a high hit from Ryan Garbutt.
Smith-Pelly has fallen out of the mix in Anaheim after a successful 2011-12 rookie campaign that saw him score 13 points in 49 games. He dressed for just seven contests last season and didn’t make the team out of training camp this year.
What’s more, he’s not expected to dress on Tuesday against the Leafs.
Eric Stephens of the O.C. Register reports Emerson Etem will jump up to the second line to play with Mathieu Perreault and Teemu Selanne, while Jakob Silfverberg will play on the fourth line with Nick Bonino and Patrick Maroon.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 8
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (183)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)