Oct 22, 2013, 1:03 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks have dipped into their farm system for lineup reinforcements, recalling Devante Smith-Pelly from AHL Norfolk.
Smith-Pelly, 21, is flying to Toronto to join the team while Dustin Penner remains in Anaheim for further concussion testing and evaluation. Penner was injured during Sunday’s win over Dallas on a high hit from Ryan Garbutt.
Smith-Pelly has fallen out of the mix in Anaheim after a successful 2011-12 rookie campaign that saw him score 13 points in 49 games. He dressed for just seven contests last season and didn’t make the team out of training camp this year.
What’s more, he’s not expected to dress on Tuesday against the Leafs.
Eric Stephens of the O.C. Register reports Emerson Etem will jump up to the second line to play with Mathieu Perreault and Teemu Selanne, while Jakob Silfverberg will play on the fourth line with Nick Bonino and Patrick Maroon.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 2
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 17
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 16
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 30
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)