Oct 22, 2013, 8:53 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild already lean on Ryan Suter as much as any defenseman in the NHL, but what if Jonas Brodin is injured? The 20-year-old hasn’t returned to action so far in Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators after taking a puck to the face.
Brodin received a lot of Calder Trophy buzz in 2012-13, as he looked advanced for a first-year player. He’s carried that momentum over to this season so far, collecting six points (three goals, three assists) in nine games. Not bad considering the team is struggling mightily to score.
PHT will keep an eye out for updates on his status.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)