Oct 22, 2013, 8:53 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild already lean on Ryan Suter as much as any defenseman in the NHL, but what if Jonas Brodin is injured? The 20-year-old hasn’t returned to action so far in Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators after taking a puck to the face.
Brodin received a lot of Calder Trophy buzz in 2012-13, as he looked advanced for a first-year player. He’s carried that momentum over to this season so far, collecting six points (three goals, three assists) in nine games. Not bad considering the team is struggling mightily to score.
PHT will keep an eye out for updates on his status.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)