Oct 22, 2013, 8:53 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild already lean on Ryan Suter as much as any defenseman in the NHL, but what if Jonas Brodin is injured? The 20-year-old hasn’t returned to action so far in Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators after taking a puck to the face.
Brodin received a lot of Calder Trophy buzz in 2012-13, as he looked advanced for a first-year player. He’s carried that momentum over to this season so far, collecting six points (three goals, three assists) in nine games. Not bad considering the team is struggling mightily to score.
PHT will keep an eye out for updates on his status.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 148
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (149)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)