Oct 22, 2013, 8:53 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild already lean on Ryan Suter as much as any defenseman in the NHL, but what if Jonas Brodin is injured? The 20-year-old hasn’t returned to action so far in Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators after taking a puck to the face.
Brodin received a lot of Calder Trophy buzz in 2012-13, as he looked advanced for a first-year player. He’s carried that momentum over to this season so far, collecting six points (three goals, three assists) in nine games. Not bad considering the team is struggling mightily to score.
PHT will keep an eye out for updates on his status.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 1
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)