Oct 22, 2013, 8:53 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild already lean on Ryan Suter as much as any defenseman in the NHL, but what if Jonas Brodin is injured? The 20-year-old hasn’t returned to action so far in Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators after taking a puck to the face.
Brodin received a lot of Calder Trophy buzz in 2012-13, as he looked advanced for a first-year player. He’s carried that momentum over to this season so far, collecting six points (three goals, three assists) in nine games. Not bad considering the team is struggling mightily to score.
PHT will keep an eye out for updates on his status.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46