Oct 22, 2013, 12:33 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings got on even terms late in the second period against the Calgary Flames, thanks to a short-handed goal off a rush by Jeff Carter.
The goal, which came at 16:40 of the second period, was originally credited to Mike Richards, who was going hard to the net and was tied up with Flames defenseman Dennis Wideman. However, officials have since changed the scoring play, giving the goal to Carter, who made the centering pass.
It would’ve been Richards’ first goal of the season.
Although, based on the final angle in the clip, it appears the puck just makes contact with the heel of Richards’ stick before it goes off Wideman and through the legs of goalie Karri Ramo. But, take a look, and you be the judge.
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 2
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)