Oct 22, 2013, 12:15 AM EDT
Vancouver Canucks’ centre Jordan Schroeder was sent back to Vancouver while the team is in the midst of a seven-game road trip so he could undergo further tests on his injured left foot.
Schroeder suffered the injury during Saturday’s shootout loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins. It’s the same foot that he fractured blocking a shot in a game against the Edmonton Oilers in the pre-season.
The previous injury kept him out of the lineup for the first six games of the regular season.
He had just returned to the lineup on Oct. 15, playing in three games before he was hurt Saturday.
“Let’s just say his pain is in the same place it was, or has been, with his last injury,” Schroeder’s agent, Neil Sheehy, told the Metro Vancouver newspaper on Monday.
“How severe it is, I don’t know. But obviously it’s worse than when they (the Canucks) decided to clear him to play. Something’s happened between the time he was cleared to play and when he was playing.
“There’s discomfort there. Exactly what it is – is it re-broken? – I don’t know. That’s why they’re going to do the tests.”
In three games, Schroeder, Vancouver’s first-round pick in 2009, had yet to record a point.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)