Oct 22, 2013, 12:15 AM EDT
Vancouver Canucks’ centre Jordan Schroeder was sent back to Vancouver while the team is in the midst of a seven-game road trip so he could undergo further tests on his injured left foot.
Schroeder suffered the injury during Saturday’s shootout loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins. It’s the same foot that he fractured blocking a shot in a game against the Edmonton Oilers in the pre-season.
The previous injury kept him out of the lineup for the first six games of the regular season.
He had just returned to the lineup on Oct. 15, playing in three games before he was hurt Saturday.
“Let’s just say his pain is in the same place it was, or has been, with his last injury,” Schroeder’s agent, Neil Sheehy, told the Metro Vancouver newspaper on Monday.
“How severe it is, I don’t know. But obviously it’s worse than when they (the Canucks) decided to clear him to play. Something’s happened between the time he was cleared to play and when he was playing.
“There’s discomfort there. Exactly what it is – is it re-broken? – I don’t know. That’s why they’re going to do the tests.”
In three games, Schroeder, Vancouver’s first-round pick in 2009, had yet to record a point.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)