Oct 22, 2013, 12:15 AM EST
Vancouver Canucks’ centre Jordan Schroeder was sent back to Vancouver while the team is in the midst of a seven-game road trip so he could undergo further tests on his injured left foot.
Schroeder suffered the injury during Saturday’s shootout loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins. It’s the same foot that he fractured blocking a shot in a game against the Edmonton Oilers in the pre-season.
The previous injury kept him out of the lineup for the first six games of the regular season.
He had just returned to the lineup on Oct. 15, playing in three games before he was hurt Saturday.
“Let’s just say his pain is in the same place it was, or has been, with his last injury,” Schroeder’s agent, Neil Sheehy, told the Metro Vancouver newspaper on Monday.
“How severe it is, I don’t know. But obviously it’s worse than when they (the Canucks) decided to clear him to play. Something’s happened between the time he was cleared to play and when he was playing.
“There’s discomfort there. Exactly what it is – is it re-broken? – I don’t know. That’s why they’re going to do the tests.”
In three games, Schroeder, Vancouver’s first-round pick in 2009, had yet to record a point.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)