Oct 22, 2013, 12:15 AM EDT
Vancouver Canucks’ centre Jordan Schroeder was sent back to Vancouver while the team is in the midst of a seven-game road trip so he could undergo further tests on his injured left foot.
Schroeder suffered the injury during Saturday’s shootout loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins. It’s the same foot that he fractured blocking a shot in a game against the Edmonton Oilers in the pre-season.
The previous injury kept him out of the lineup for the first six games of the regular season.
He had just returned to the lineup on Oct. 15, playing in three games before he was hurt Saturday.
“Let’s just say his pain is in the same place it was, or has been, with his last injury,” Schroeder’s agent, Neil Sheehy, told the Metro Vancouver newspaper on Monday.
“How severe it is, I don’t know. But obviously it’s worse than when they (the Canucks) decided to clear him to play. Something’s happened between the time he was cleared to play and when he was playing.
“There’s discomfort there. Exactly what it is – is it re-broken? – I don’t know. That’s why they’re going to do the tests.”
In three games, Schroeder, Vancouver’s first-round pick in 2009, had yet to record a point.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)