Oct 22, 2013, 10:13 PM EDT
Tim Thomas seemed like he was getting back into a groove for the Florida Panthers, but that hit a snag – the same snag – late in Tuesday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks. It looks like the 39-year-old goalie re-injured his groin, according to sources including HNIC’s Elliotte Friedman and CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers.
It’s hard not to think that Thomas might not be in top condition after sitting out an entire season, but plenty of goalies (young ones included) deal with these types of ailments.
So far, it’s been an up-and-down return to the NHL for the unorthodox goalie. Panthers GM Dale Tallon said that Thomas is the kind of asset the Panthers “need,” so they’ll certainly want him back soon.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 7
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 27
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 16
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)