Oct 22, 2013, 10:13 PM EDT
Tim Thomas seemed like he was getting back into a groove for the Florida Panthers, but that hit a snag – the same snag – late in Tuesday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks. It looks like the 39-year-old goalie re-injured his groin, according to sources including HNIC’s Elliotte Friedman and CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers.
It’s hard not to think that Thomas might not be in top condition after sitting out an entire season, but plenty of goalies (young ones included) deal with these types of ailments.
So far, it’s been an up-and-down return to the NHL for the unorthodox goalie. Panthers GM Dale Tallon said that Thomas is the kind of asset the Panthers “need,” so they’ll certainly want him back soon.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)