Oct 22, 2013, 10:13 PM EDT
Tim Thomas seemed like he was getting back into a groove for the Florida Panthers, but that hit a snag – the same snag – late in Tuesday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks. It looks like the 39-year-old goalie re-injured his groin, according to sources including HNIC’s Elliotte Friedman and CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers.
It’s hard not to think that Thomas might not be in top condition after sitting out an entire season, but plenty of goalies (young ones included) deal with these types of ailments.
So far, it’s been an up-and-down return to the NHL for the unorthodox goalie. Panthers GM Dale Tallon said that Thomas is the kind of asset the Panthers “need,” so they’ll certainly want him back soon.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63