Oct 22, 2013, 10:13 PM EST
Tim Thomas seemed like he was getting back into a groove for the Florida Panthers, but that hit a snag – the same snag – late in Tuesday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks. It looks like the 39-year-old goalie re-injured his groin, according to sources including HNIC’s Elliotte Friedman and CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers.
It’s hard not to think that Thomas might not be in top condition after sitting out an entire season, but plenty of goalies (young ones included) deal with these types of ailments.
So far, it’s been an up-and-down return to the NHL for the unorthodox goalie. Panthers GM Dale Tallon said that Thomas is the kind of asset the Panthers “need,” so they’ll certainly want him back soon.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 8
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 100
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 31
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (103)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)