Oct 22, 2013, 10:13 PM EST
Tim Thomas seemed like he was getting back into a groove for the Florida Panthers, but that hit a snag – the same snag – late in Tuesday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks. It looks like the 39-year-old goalie re-injured his groin, according to sources including HNIC’s Elliotte Friedman and CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers.
It’s hard not to think that Thomas might not be in top condition after sitting out an entire season, but plenty of goalies (young ones included) deal with these types of ailments.
So far, it’s been an up-and-down return to the NHL for the unorthodox goalie. Panthers GM Dale Tallon said that Thomas is the kind of asset the Panthers “need,” so they’ll certainly want him back soon.
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 0
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 21
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 33
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Harding’s diving save highlights Wild’s win 5
- Varlamov expected to enter plea on Jan. 22 7
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Red Wings challenge division-leading Bruins (32)