Oct 22, 2013, 12:56 AM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have recalled tough guy Ben Eager from the American Hockey League, according to Robert Tychkowski of the Edmonton Sun.
This move coincides with the trade the Oilers made this evening.
The Oilers shipped fourth line forward Mike Brown to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for a fourth-round pick in next year’s NHL Draft.
The Oilers put Eager, 29 years old and a veteran of 400 NHL games with 873 penalty minutes, on waivers following the club’s first game of this new season.
Eager cleared waivers and was reassigned to the Oklahoma City Barons in the AHL.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32