Oct 22, 2013, 12:56 AM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have recalled tough guy Ben Eager from the American Hockey League, according to Robert Tychkowski of the Edmonton Sun.
This move coincides with the trade the Oilers made this evening.
The Oilers shipped fourth line forward Mike Brown to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for a fourth-round pick in next year’s NHL Draft.
The Oilers put Eager, 29 years old and a veteran of 400 NHL games with 873 penalty minutes, on waivers following the club’s first game of this new season.
Eager cleared waivers and was reassigned to the Oklahoma City Barons in the AHL.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 23
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3