Oct 22, 2013, 12:56 AM EST
The Edmonton Oilers have recalled tough guy Ben Eager from the American Hockey League, according to Robert Tychkowski of the Edmonton Sun.
This move coincides with the trade the Oilers made this evening.
The Oilers shipped fourth line forward Mike Brown to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for a fourth-round pick in next year’s NHL Draft.
The Oilers put Eager, 29 years old and a veteran of 400 NHL games with 873 penalty minutes, on waivers following the club’s first game of this new season.
Eager cleared waivers and was reassigned to the Oklahoma City Barons in the AHL.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)