Oct 22, 2013, 12:56 AM EST
The Edmonton Oilers have recalled tough guy Ben Eager from the American Hockey League, according to Robert Tychkowski of the Edmonton Sun.
This move coincides with the trade the Oilers made this evening.
The Oilers shipped fourth line forward Mike Brown to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for a fourth-round pick in next year’s NHL Draft.
The Oilers put Eager, 29 years old and a veteran of 400 NHL games with 873 penalty minutes, on waivers following the club’s first game of this new season.
Eager cleared waivers and was reassigned to the Oklahoma City Barons in the AHL.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 130
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 115
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (130)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (115)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)