Oct 22, 2013, 12:56 AM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have recalled tough guy Ben Eager from the American Hockey League, according to Robert Tychkowski of the Edmonton Sun.
This move coincides with the trade the Oilers made this evening.
The Oilers shipped fourth line forward Mike Brown to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for a fourth-round pick in next year’s NHL Draft.
The Oilers put Eager, 29 years old and a veteran of 400 NHL games with 873 penalty minutes, on waivers following the club’s first game of this new season.
Eager cleared waivers and was reassigned to the Oklahoma City Barons in the AHL.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)