Oct 22, 2013, 4:40 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues are in the midst of a rare seven-day break in their schedule, having last played on Friday (a 4-3 shootout loss in Winnipeg) and not hitting the ice again until this Friday (a home date against Vancouver).
For goalie Jaroslav Halak, the week off has allowed him to experience the highs and lows of nautical adventure.
Over the weekend, the Blues had a team getaway to South Carolina for some deep-sea fishing, one that didn’t exactly vibe with the contents of Halak’s stomach.
On the other boat, goalie Jaroslav Halak had a tough time keeping his breakfast inside of him.
Bouwmeester might be the NHL’s version of Ron Swanson. Bet he would’ve gotten angry if Halak wasted a perfectly good breakfast.
Anyway, things got better for Halak on the boating tip when he and defenseman Jordan Leopold saw the new Tom Hanks movie “Captain Phillips,” the story of Somali pirates hijacking the Maersk Alabama in the Indian Ocean in 2009.
The Blues teammates gave the movie two thumbs-up, though Leopold’s ranking is a bit skewed because it sounds like he was mostly happy about getting out of the house.
“It was good,” Leopold said. “I can’t tell you the last time I saw a movie. I’ve got kids.”
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)