Oct 22, 2013, 4:40 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are in the midst of a rare seven-day break in their schedule, having last played on Friday (a 4-3 shootout loss in Winnipeg) and not hitting the ice again until this Friday (a home date against Vancouver).
For goalie Jaroslav Halak, the week off has allowed him to experience the highs and lows of nautical adventure.
Over the weekend, the Blues had a team getaway to South Carolina for some deep-sea fishing, one that didn’t exactly vibe with the contents of Halak’s stomach.
On the other boat, goalie Jaroslav Halak had a tough time keeping his breakfast inside of him.
Bouwmeester might be the NHL’s version of Ron Swanson. Bet he would’ve gotten angry if Halak wasted a perfectly good breakfast.
Anyway, things got better for Halak on the boating tip when he and defenseman Jordan Leopold saw the new Tom Hanks movie “Captain Phillips,” the story of Somali pirates hijacking the Maersk Alabama in the Indian Ocean in 2009.
The Blues teammates gave the movie two thumbs-up, though Leopold’s ranking is a bit skewed because it sounds like he was mostly happy about getting out of the house.
“It was good,” Leopold said. “I can’t tell you the last time I saw a movie. I’ve got kids.”
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 7
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)