Oct 22, 2013, 8:27 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens face the Edmonton Oilers two times this season, including Tuesday night. That’s worth noting because Lars Eller could become a marked man, as he compared the Oilers to a junior team when asked what to expect from Edmonton by Canoe.ca.
“It can be anything, you know? They play a little bit like a junior team, I think, sometimes,” Eller said. “They take a lot risks, a lot of chances. They’re a little all over the place. There’s not a lot of structure always in their game. It can really be anything. You don’t know.”
That’s some serious bulletin board material (assuming junior teams have bulletin boards).*
Eller, 24, is riding high in a contract year right now, so it feels a bit like kicking someone when they’re down. Then again, maybe he’s just being refreshingly honest.
Either way, it should be interesting to see if Edmonton makes him pay. So far, they’re not; the Canadiens hold an early 2-0 lead Tuesday. Update: The Oil got the last laugh with a 4-3 win.
* – Kidding, of course. Take it easy, OHL/WHL/QMJHL fans.
(H/T to The Score.)
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)