Oct 22, 2013, 8:27 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens face the Edmonton Oilers two times this season, including Tuesday night. That’s worth noting because Lars Eller could become a marked man, as he compared the Oilers to a junior team when asked what to expect from Edmonton by Canoe.ca.
“It can be anything, you know? They play a little bit like a junior team, I think, sometimes,” Eller said. “They take a lot risks, a lot of chances. They’re a little all over the place. There’s not a lot of structure always in their game. It can really be anything. You don’t know.”
That’s some serious bulletin board material (assuming junior teams have bulletin boards).*
Eller, 24, is riding high in a contract year right now, so it feels a bit like kicking someone when they’re down. Then again, maybe he’s just being refreshingly honest.
Either way, it should be interesting to see if Edmonton makes him pay. So far, they’re not; the Canadiens hold an early 2-0 lead Tuesday. Update: The Oil got the last laugh with a 4-3 win.
* – Kidding, of course. Take it easy, OHL/WHL/QMJHL fans.
(H/T to The Score.)
- Report: John Hynes to be named head coach of the Devils 7
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 2
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 43
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 26
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 33
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years 95
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 5
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 9
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)