Oct 22, 2013, 8:27 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens face the Edmonton Oilers two times this season, including Tuesday night. That’s worth noting because Lars Eller could become a marked man, as he compared the Oilers to a junior team when asked what to expect from Edmonton by Canoe.ca.
“It can be anything, you know? They play a little bit like a junior team, I think, sometimes,” Eller said. “They take a lot risks, a lot of chances. They’re a little all over the place. There’s not a lot of structure always in their game. It can really be anything. You don’t know.”
That’s some serious bulletin board material (assuming junior teams have bulletin boards).*
Eller, 24, is riding high in a contract year right now, so it feels a bit like kicking someone when they’re down. Then again, maybe he’s just being refreshingly honest.
Either way, it should be interesting to see if Edmonton makes him pay. So far, they’re not; the Canadiens hold an early 2-0 lead Tuesday. Update: The Oil got the last laugh with a 4-3 win.
* – Kidding, of course. Take it easy, OHL/WHL/QMJHL fans.
(H/T to The Score.)
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 2
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 66
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)