Oct 22, 2013, 8:27 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens face the Edmonton Oilers two times this season, including Tuesday night. That’s worth noting because Lars Eller could become a marked man, as he compared the Oilers to a junior team when asked what to expect from Edmonton by Canoe.ca.
“It can be anything, you know? They play a little bit like a junior team, I think, sometimes,” Eller said. “They take a lot risks, a lot of chances. They’re a little all over the place. There’s not a lot of structure always in their game. It can really be anything. You don’t know.”
That’s some serious bulletin board material (assuming junior teams have bulletin boards).*
Eller, 24, is riding high in a contract year right now, so it feels a bit like kicking someone when they’re down. Then again, maybe he’s just being refreshingly honest.
Either way, it should be interesting to see if Edmonton makes him pay. So far, they’re not; the Canadiens hold an early 2-0 lead Tuesday. Update: The Oil got the last laugh with a 4-3 win.
* – Kidding, of course. Take it easy, OHL/WHL/QMJHL fans.
(H/T to The Score.)
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)