Oct 22, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
Chris Kreider was playing in the American Hockey League just three days ago. He now appears to be getting a look on the New York Rangers’ top line.
As per Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com, Kreider, who had four points in six games with the Hartford Wolf Pack before being recalled to New York, skated on a line with Brad Richards and Derek Stepan at practice.
The Rangers had also recalled forward Brandon Mashinter and goaltender Cam Talbot.
“In talking after the game yesterday with Glen and his staff we just felt we needed to see if Kreids could help us out in our top six spot, which is usually an area where you have more offensive players,” Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault said.
“Both those young men bring us size and in Kreids case a lot of speed. We’re hoping they’re going to be able to help us generate a little more offense.”
Kreider, 22, got his first break in the NHL with the Rangers during the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs. He had five goals and seven points in 18 games that year.
In 23 regular season games with the Rangers in the 2013 regular season, Kreider scored twice and had three points. He then appeared in eight playoff games, with two points.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)