Oct 22, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
Chris Kreider was playing in the American Hockey League just three days ago. He now appears to be getting a look on the New York Rangers’ top line.
As per Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com, Kreider, who had four points in six games with the Hartford Wolf Pack before being recalled to New York, skated on a line with Brad Richards and Derek Stepan at practice.
The Rangers had also recalled forward Brandon Mashinter and goaltender Cam Talbot.
“In talking after the game yesterday with Glen and his staff we just felt we needed to see if Kreids could help us out in our top six spot, which is usually an area where you have more offensive players,” Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault said.
“Both those young men bring us size and in Kreids case a lot of speed. We’re hoping they’re going to be able to help us generate a little more offense.”
Kreider, 22, got his first break in the NHL with the Rangers during the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs. He had five goals and seven points in 18 games that year.
In 23 regular season games with the Rangers in the 2013 regular season, Kreider scored twice and had three points. He then appeared in eight playoff games, with two points.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 5
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 7
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 15
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 2
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)