Oct 22, 2013, 1:19 AM EST
Chris Kreider was playing in the American Hockey League just three days ago. He now appears to be getting a look on the New York Rangers’ top line.
As per Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com, Kreider, who had four points in six games with the Hartford Wolf Pack before being recalled to New York, skated on a line with Brad Richards and Derek Stepan at practice.
The Rangers had also recalled forward Brandon Mashinter and goaltender Cam Talbot.
“In talking after the game yesterday with Glen and his staff we just felt we needed to see if Kreids could help us out in our top six spot, which is usually an area where you have more offensive players,” Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault said.
“Both those young men bring us size and in Kreids case a lot of speed. We’re hoping they’re going to be able to help us generate a little more offense.”
Kreider, 22, got his first break in the NHL with the Rangers during the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs. He had five goals and seven points in 18 games that year.
In 23 regular season games with the Rangers in the 2013 regular season, Kreider scored twice and had three points. He then appeared in eight playoff games, with two points.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)