Oct 22, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
Chris Kreider was playing in the American Hockey League just three days ago. He now appears to be getting a look on the New York Rangers’ top line.
As per Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com, Kreider, who had four points in six games with the Hartford Wolf Pack before being recalled to New York, skated on a line with Brad Richards and Derek Stepan at practice.
The Rangers had also recalled forward Brandon Mashinter and goaltender Cam Talbot.
“In talking after the game yesterday with Glen and his staff we just felt we needed to see if Kreids could help us out in our top six spot, which is usually an area where you have more offensive players,” Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault said.
“Both those young men bring us size and in Kreids case a lot of speed. We’re hoping they’re going to be able to help us generate a little more offense.”
Kreider, 22, got his first break in the NHL with the Rangers during the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs. He had five goals and seven points in 18 games that year.
In 23 regular season games with the Rangers in the 2013 regular season, Kreider scored twice and had three points. He then appeared in eight playoff games, with two points.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)