Oct 21, 2013, 10:48 AM EDT
This just in from the NHL:
A limited number of tickets to the 2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® will go on sale via Ticketmaster.com and Ticketmaster.ca, the official ticket marketplace of the NHL, at 10 a.m. ET on Tuesday, Oct. 22. The 2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® is scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 1, when the Detroit Red Wings will host the Toronto Maple Leafs at Michigan Stadium on the University of Michigan campus.
Fans attending at the 2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic could be part of a world record-setting crowd. The record for attendance at an ice hockey game is 104,173 people, set at the game between the University of Michigan and Michigan State University at Michigan Stadium in 2010.
For prices and stadium seating map, click here. Looks like a range between $89 and $279.
That game, of course, will also be televised on NBC, just in case you can’t be there in person.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)