Oct 21, 2013, 10:48 AM EDT
This just in from the NHL:
A limited number of tickets to the 2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® will go on sale via Ticketmaster.com and Ticketmaster.ca, the official ticket marketplace of the NHL, at 10 a.m. ET on Tuesday, Oct. 22. The 2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® is scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 1, when the Detroit Red Wings will host the Toronto Maple Leafs at Michigan Stadium on the University of Michigan campus.
Fans attending at the 2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic could be part of a world record-setting crowd. The record for attendance at an ice hockey game is 104,173 people, set at the game between the University of Michigan and Michigan State University at Michigan Stadium in 2010.
For prices and stadium seating map, click here. Looks like a range between $89 and $279.
That game, of course, will also be televised on NBC, just in case you can’t be there in person.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)