Oct 21, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
Red Wings defenseman Xavier Ouellet will make his NHL debut tonight at Joe Louis Arena versus San Jose; the 20-year-old will replace d-man Jonathan Ericsson, who’s reportedly dealing with a minor shoulder injury and, more significantly, whose wife went into labor last night.
Ouellet was a second-round pick in 2011; expect him to be paired with 24-year-old Brendan Smith tonight.
When healthy, Ericsson and Kronwall play the most of any Detroit players. Which is to say, the Wings could have their hands full against a very potent Sharks team.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 20
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)