Oct 21, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
Red Wings defenseman Xavier Ouellet will make his NHL debut tonight at Joe Louis Arena versus San Jose; the 20-year-old will replace d-man Jonathan Ericsson, who’s reportedly dealing with a minor shoulder injury and, more significantly, whose wife went into labor last night.
Ouellet was a second-round pick in 2011; expect him to be paired with 24-year-old Brendan Smith tonight.
When healthy, Ericsson and Kronwall play the most of any Detroit players. Which is to say, the Wings could have their hands full against a very potent Sharks team.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 0
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 2
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)