Oct 21, 2013, 11:59 AM EST
Red Wings defenseman Xavier Ouellet will make his NHL debut tonight at Joe Louis Arena versus San Jose; the 20-year-old will replace d-man Jonathan Ericsson, who’s reportedly dealing with a minor shoulder injury and, more significantly, whose wife went into labor last night.
Ouellet was a second-round pick in 2011; expect him to be paired with 24-year-old Brendan Smith tonight.
When healthy, Ericsson and Kronwall play the most of any Detroit players. Which is to say, the Wings could have their hands full against a very potent Sharks team.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8