Oct 21, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
Red Wings defenseman Xavier Ouellet will make his NHL debut tonight at Joe Louis Arena versus San Jose; the 20-year-old will replace d-man Jonathan Ericsson, who’s reportedly dealing with a minor shoulder injury and, more significantly, whose wife went into labor last night.
Ouellet was a second-round pick in 2011; expect him to be paired with 24-year-old Brendan Smith tonight.
When healthy, Ericsson and Kronwall play the most of any Detroit players. Which is to say, the Wings could have their hands full against a very potent Sharks team.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 78
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32