Oct 21, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
One of the Sharks’ most productive forwards will miss Monday’s game against the Red Wings with sore gums.
Brent Burns, the defenseman-turned-forward who has eight points in eight games this year, will miss tonight’s tilt after taking a puck to the mouth in Saturday’s 6-3 win over Calgary.
“Brent won’t play tonight. He got hit in the teeth – well, he doesn’t have teeth, I guess in the gums – the other night, and they are bothering him right now,” head coach Todd McLellan told CSN Bay Area. “He’ll be out tonight, and hopefully he’s ready to go when we get to Boston.”
Burns also took a shot to the grill during a game vs. Ottawa on Oct. 12 — courtesy Robin Lehner‘s goalie stick — so he’ll get a rest tonight in favor of rookie Freddie Hamilton, who was recalled from AHL Worcester this morning.
Gummy Joe’s Burns’ Twitter account)
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 0
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 40
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 46
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)