Oct 21, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
One of the Sharks’ most productive forwards will miss Monday’s game against the Red Wings with sore gums.
Brent Burns, the defenseman-turned-forward who has eight points in eight games this year, will miss tonight’s tilt after taking a puck to the mouth in Saturday’s 6-3 win over Calgary.
“Brent won’t play tonight. He got hit in the teeth – well, he doesn’t have teeth, I guess in the gums – the other night, and they are bothering him right now,” head coach Todd McLellan told CSN Bay Area. “He’ll be out tonight, and hopefully he’s ready to go when we get to Boston.”
Burns also took a shot to the grill during a game vs. Ottawa on Oct. 12 — courtesy Robin Lehner‘s goalie stick — so he’ll get a rest tonight in favor of rookie Freddie Hamilton, who was recalled from AHL Worcester this morning.
Gummy Joe’s Burns’ Twitter account)
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (147)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)