Oct 21, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres and San Jose Sharks each brought rookies up from their AHL affiliates on Monday — the Sabres recalled 2013 first-rounder Rasmus Ristolainen from AHL Rochester while the Sharks recalled forwards Freddie Hamilton and John McCarthy.
Ristolainen, the eighth overall selection in this year’s draft, has played in eight games for the Sabres this season and was brought back to Buffalo after a quick 48-hour trip to Rochester.
The 18-year-old has gone scoreless over his eight NHL games, recording one penalty and a minus-4 rating.
As for the Sharks, they recalled Hamilton and McCarthy at the expense of forward Matt Pelech, who has been returned to AHL Worcester.
McCarthy, 27, has 53 career NHL appearances — including two this season — while Hamilton, the older brother of Boston defenseman Dougie Hamilton, has yet to make his NHL debut.
- Report: Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 0
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 20
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 29
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24