Oct 21, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres and San Jose Sharks each brought rookies up from their AHL affiliates on Monday — the Sabres recalled 2013 first-rounder Rasmus Ristolainen from AHL Rochester while the Sharks recalled forwards Freddie Hamilton and John McCarthy.
Ristolainen, the eighth overall selection in this year’s draft, has played in eight games for the Sabres this season and was brought back to Buffalo after a quick 48-hour trip to Rochester.
The 18-year-old has gone scoreless over his eight NHL games, recording one penalty and a minus-4 rating.
As for the Sharks, they recalled Hamilton and McCarthy at the expense of forward Matt Pelech, who has been returned to AHL Worcester.
McCarthy, 27, has 53 career NHL appearances — including two this season — while Hamilton, the older brother of Boston defenseman Dougie Hamilton, has yet to make his NHL debut.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)