Oct 21, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres and San Jose Sharks each brought rookies up from their AHL affiliates on Monday — the Sabres recalled 2013 first-rounder Rasmus Ristolainen from AHL Rochester while the Sharks recalled forwards Freddie Hamilton and John McCarthy.
Ristolainen, the eighth overall selection in this year’s draft, has played in eight games for the Sabres this season and was brought back to Buffalo after a quick 48-hour trip to Rochester.
The 18-year-old has gone scoreless over his eight NHL games, recording one penalty and a minus-4 rating.
As for the Sharks, they recalled Hamilton and McCarthy at the expense of forward Matt Pelech, who has been returned to AHL Worcester.
McCarthy, 27, has 53 career NHL appearances — including two this season — while Hamilton, the older brother of Boston defenseman Dougie Hamilton, has yet to make his NHL debut.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)