Oct 21, 2013, 8:15 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
St. Louis’ great start to the season has fans coming “out of the woodwork” to see them. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
Editor’s Note: ProHockeyTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Monday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
Teemu Selanne fun fact: After scoring Sunday night, he’s the first player 43 or older to score in three straight games since Gordie Howe did it at age 51 for the Hartford Whalers in 1979. (Helene Elliott)
To get you caught up in possible suspension news: Brendan Shanahan will be busy today and this week. Buffalo’s Ryan Kaleta will have his appeal today. Colorado’s Cody McLeod will have his in-person hearing while Isles forward Michael Grabner will have a chat over the phone with Player Safety. Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt will meet at some point this week for his hit on Dustin Penner on Sunday night.
It was a rough AHL debut for Flames prospect goalie Laurent Brossoit as he gave up nine goals to the Texas Stars. (Flames)
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54