Oct 21, 2013, 8:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
St. Louis’ great start to the season has fans coming “out of the woodwork” to see them. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
Editor’s Note: ProHockeyTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Monday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
Teemu Selanne fun fact: After scoring Sunday night, he’s the first player 43 or older to score in three straight games since Gordie Howe did it at age 51 for the Hartford Whalers in 1979. (Helene Elliott)
To get you caught up in possible suspension news: Brendan Shanahan will be busy today and this week. Buffalo’s Ryan Kaleta will have his appeal today. Colorado’s Cody McLeod will have his in-person hearing while Isles forward Michael Grabner will have a chat over the phone with Player Safety. Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt will meet at some point this week for his hit on Dustin Penner on Sunday night.
It was a rough AHL debut for Flames prospect goalie Laurent Brossoit as he gave up nine goals to the Texas Stars. (Flames)
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 24
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 17
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 56
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)