Oct 21, 2013, 8:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
St. Louis’ great start to the season has fans coming “out of the woodwork” to see them. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
Editor’s Note: ProHockeyTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Monday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
Teemu Selanne fun fact: After scoring Sunday night, he’s the first player 43 or older to score in three straight games since Gordie Howe did it at age 51 for the Hartford Whalers in 1979. (Helene Elliott)
To get you caught up in possible suspension news: Brendan Shanahan will be busy today and this week. Buffalo’s Ryan Kaleta will have his appeal today. Colorado’s Cody McLeod will have his in-person hearing while Isles forward Michael Grabner will have a chat over the phone with Player Safety. Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt will meet at some point this week for his hit on Dustin Penner on Sunday night.
It was a rough AHL debut for Flames prospect goalie Laurent Brossoit as he gave up nine goals to the Texas Stars. (Flames)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5