Oct 21, 2013, 8:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
St. Louis’ great start to the season has fans coming “out of the woodwork” to see them. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
Editor’s Note: ProHockeyTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Monday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
Teemu Selanne fun fact: After scoring Sunday night, he’s the first player 43 or older to score in three straight games since Gordie Howe did it at age 51 for the Hartford Whalers in 1979. (Helene Elliott)
To get you caught up in possible suspension news: Brendan Shanahan will be busy today and this week. Buffalo’s Ryan Kaleta will have his appeal today. Colorado’s Cody McLeod will have his in-person hearing while Isles forward Michael Grabner will have a chat over the phone with Player Safety. Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt will meet at some point this week for his hit on Dustin Penner on Sunday night.
It was a rough AHL debut for Flames prospect goalie Laurent Brossoit as he gave up nine goals to the Texas Stars. (Flames)
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6