Oct 21, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
The Oilers got more bad news on the injury front on Monday, as alternate captain Ryan Smyth returned to Edmonton with one game remaining on the club’s Eastern road swing.
Hall has already been flown back to Edmonton for a MRI; it’s unclear what Smyth has returned for, as the club only said he’ll be looked at by its medical staff.
Smyth was a healthy scratch earlier in the season but had picked up his game lately. The veteran winger scored three goals in back-to-back games against Montreal and Toronto last week and had nine shots on goal in his last two games, against the Isles and Sens.
Edmonton finishes its three-game roadie on Tuesday against Montreal. The club has recalled forward Tyler Pitlick from AHL Oklahoma City to fill the voids left by Smyth and Hall.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)