Oct 21, 2013, 5:38 PM EST
The Oilers got more bad news on the injury front on Monday, as alternate captain Ryan Smyth returned to Edmonton with one game remaining on the club’s Eastern road swing.
Hall has already been flown back to Edmonton for a MRI; it’s unclear what Smyth has returned for, as the club only said he’ll be looked at by its medical staff.
Smyth was a healthy scratch earlier in the season but had picked up his game lately. The veteran winger scored three goals in back-to-back games against Montreal and Toronto last week and had nine shots on goal in his last two games, against the Isles and Sens.
Edmonton finishes its three-game roadie on Tuesday against Montreal. The club has recalled forward Tyler Pitlick from AHL Oklahoma City to fill the voids left by Smyth and Hall.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 1
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 28
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 30
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 55
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (55)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)