Oct 21, 2013, 1:27 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Giguere in against Pittsburgh
In what could be their biggest test of this young season, the Colorado Avalanche are turning to veteran Jean-Sebastien Giguere on Monday night in Pittsburgh.
Giguere, 36, will start his second straight contest after Semyon Varlamov played in six of the first seven games of the season. Giguere was in goal for Saturday’s 4-2 win over Buffalo, a game in which he stopped 28 of 30 shots for his second win of the season.
Ramo back for another
In an interesting move, the Calgary Flames are going back to Kari Ramo tonight in Los Angeles.
Ramo, 27, played just his second game of the season on Saturday — a 6-3 loss to San Jose — which was a bit of a deceiving game, in that he allowed five goals on 35 shots but actually played well, making a number of difficult stops on a Sharks team that dominated proceedings.
Ramo will get the goal tonight before Calgary turns back to Joey MacDonald for Tuesday’s contest in Phoenix.
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 7
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 30
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (54)