Oct 21, 2013, 1:27 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Giguere in against Pittsburgh
In what could be their biggest test of this young season, the Colorado Avalanche are turning to veteran Jean-Sebastien Giguere on Monday night in Pittsburgh.
Giguere, 36, will start his second straight contest after Semyon Varlamov played in six of the first seven games of the season. Giguere was in goal for Saturday’s 4-2 win over Buffalo, a game in which he stopped 28 of 30 shots for his second win of the season.
Ramo back for another
In an interesting move, the Calgary Flames are going back to Kari Ramo tonight in Los Angeles.
Ramo, 27, played just his second game of the season on Saturday — a 6-3 loss to San Jose — which was a bit of a deceiving game, in that he allowed five goals on 35 shots but actually played well, making a number of difficult stops on a Sharks team that dominated proceedings.
Ramo will get the goal tonight before Calgary turns back to Joey MacDonald for Tuesday’s contest in Phoenix.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 24
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)