Oct 21, 2013, 1:27 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Giguere in against Pittsburgh
In what could be their biggest test of this young season, the Colorado Avalanche are turning to veteran Jean-Sebastien Giguere on Monday night in Pittsburgh.
Giguere, 36, will start his second straight contest after Semyon Varlamov played in six of the first seven games of the season. Giguere was in goal for Saturday’s 4-2 win over Buffalo, a game in which he stopped 28 of 30 shots for his second win of the season.
Ramo back for another
In an interesting move, the Calgary Flames are going back to Kari Ramo tonight in Los Angeles.
Ramo, 27, played just his second game of the season on Saturday — a 6-3 loss to San Jose — which was a bit of a deceiving game, in that he allowed five goals on 35 shots but actually played well, making a number of difficult stops on a Sharks team that dominated proceedings.
Ramo will get the goal tonight before Calgary turns back to Joey MacDonald for Tuesday’s contest in Phoenix.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 8
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 46
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13