Oct 21, 2013, 1:27 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Giguere in against Pittsburgh
In what could be their biggest test of this young season, the Colorado Avalanche are turning to veteran Jean-Sebastien Giguere on Monday night in Pittsburgh.
Giguere, 36, will start his second straight contest after Semyon Varlamov played in six of the first seven games of the season. Giguere was in goal for Saturday’s 4-2 win over Buffalo, a game in which he stopped 28 of 30 shots for his second win of the season.
Ramo back for another
In an interesting move, the Calgary Flames are going back to Kari Ramo tonight in Los Angeles.
Ramo, 27, played just his second game of the season on Saturday — a 6-3 loss to San Jose — which was a bit of a deceiving game, in that he allowed five goals on 35 shots but actually played well, making a number of difficult stops on a Sharks team that dominated proceedings.
Ramo will get the goal tonight before Calgary turns back to Joey MacDonald for Tuesday’s contest in Phoenix.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 2
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 8
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)