Oct 21, 2013, 4:31 PM EST
The Calgary Flames might get a major offensive boost for Monday’s game against Los Angeles.
Alternate captain Mike Cammalleri, who hasn’t played this year due to a hand/wrist injury, took part in his first practice on Sunday and is a gametime decision for tonight’s affair against the Kings, according to the Calgary Herald.
Cammalleri, 31, led the Flames in scoring last season with 32 points in 44 games. He was named an alternate captain for this season despite suffering the aforementioned hand/wrist injury early in the exhibition campaign and missing Calgary’s first seven games of the regular seson.
If Cammalleri does get in the lineup tonight, it’ll be a boon for the Flames.
Aside from being one of the club’s top offensive talents, he’s also performed fairly well against his former team, scoring six goals and nine points in 13 career games against L.A. (who drafted Cammalleri 49th overall in 2001, then traded him to Calgary in 2008.)
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)