Oct 21, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames might get a major offensive boost for Monday’s game against Los Angeles.
Alternate captain Mike Cammalleri, who hasn’t played this year due to a hand/wrist injury, took part in his first practice on Sunday and is a gametime decision for tonight’s affair against the Kings, according to the Calgary Herald.
Cammalleri, 31, led the Flames in scoring last season with 32 points in 44 games. He was named an alternate captain for this season despite suffering the aforementioned hand/wrist injury early in the exhibition campaign and missing Calgary’s first seven games of the regular seson.
If Cammalleri does get in the lineup tonight, it’ll be a boon for the Flames.
Aside from being one of the club’s top offensive talents, he’s also performed fairly well against his former team, scoring six goals and nine points in 13 career games against L.A. (who drafted Cammalleri 49th overall in 2001, then traded him to Calgary in 2008.)
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)