Oct 21, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
Their two teams, Crosby’s Pittsburgh Penguins and MacKinnon’s Colorado Avalanche, were embroiled in a low-scoring affair without much in the way of fireworks.
- This was two points that got away from the Penguins. They outshot the Avalanche 34-14 and went 0-7 on the power play.
- The two hockey sons of Cole Harbour – Crosby and MacKinnon, playing against each other in the NHL for the first time, didn’t quite produce the magic everyone may have been hoping for. Crosby, the Penguins first-overall pick in the 2005 NHL Draft, had zero points in 22:07 of ice time, while the 18-year-old MacKinnon, the Avalanche’s first-overall pick in this year’s draft, had zero points in 10:07 of ice time.
- How about the Avalanche? Make that eight wins in their first nine games of the season.
- Gabriel Landeskog’s goal at 5:26 of the second period stood as the winner. Seconds after getting out of the penalty box, the Avs’ captain found himself in on a two-on-one rush. His off-wing wrist shot beat Marc-Andre Fleury, although it appeared to be deflected.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 7
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 23
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)