Oct 21, 2013, 10:12 AM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman will hear Kaleta’s appeal of the ban at 2 p.m. ET today.
Kaleta was suspended for his hit to the head of Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson during the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Jackets on October 12. Johnson was uninjured on the play.
Since being suspended, Kaleta has missed five games as it is. Buffalo is 1-4-0 with him out of the lineup and host the Boston Bruins on Wednesday night (8 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 0
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 1
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 12
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 103
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)