Oct 21, 2013, 10:12 AM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman will hear Kaleta’s appeal of the ban at 2 p.m. ET today.
Kaleta was suspended for his hit to the head of Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson during the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Jackets on October 12. Johnson was uninjured on the play.
Since being suspended, Kaleta has missed five games as it is. Buffalo is 1-4-0 with him out of the lineup and host the Boston Bruins on Wednesday night (8 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 1
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 11
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)