Oct 21, 2013, 10:12 AM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman will hear Kaleta’s appeal of the ban at 2 p.m. ET today.
Kaleta was suspended for his hit to the head of Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson during the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Jackets on October 12. Johnson was uninjured on the play.
Since being suspended, Kaleta has missed five games as it is. Buffalo is 1-4-0 with him out of the lineup and host the Boston Bruins on Wednesday night (8 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
- Giroux leaves ice after 15 minutes with lower-body injury 5
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 25
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)