Oct 21, 2013, 10:12 AM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman will hear Kaleta’s appeal of the ban at 2 p.m. ET today.
Kaleta was suspended for his hit to the head of Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson during the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Jackets on October 12. Johnson was uninjured on the play.
Since being suspended, Kaleta has missed five games as it is. Buffalo is 1-4-0 with him out of the lineup and host the Boston Bruins on Wednesday night (8 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 5
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12