Oct 21, 2013, 10:12 AM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman will hear Kaleta’s appeal of the ban at 2 p.m. ET today.
Kaleta was suspended for his hit to the head of Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson during the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Jackets on October 12. Johnson was uninjured on the play.
Since being suspended, Kaleta has missed five games as it is. Buffalo is 1-4-0 with him out of the lineup and host the Boston Bruins on Wednesday night (8 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)