Oct 20, 2013, 1:22 AM EDT
For the second straight year, San Jose is off to an impressive start.
Just one year after going 7-0-0 to begin the season, the Sharks moved to 7-0-1 in 2013-14 thanks to a 6-3 victory over Calgary in San Jose on Saturday night.
The win kept the Sharks as the NHL’s only team without a loss in regulation, and kept them atop the overall league standings with 15 points after eight games played.
The win against Calgary came courtesy a four-point performance from Joe Pavelski, the game’s first star. Pavelski, 29, scored a pair of power-play goals and chipped in with two assists to bring his overall point total on the year to 12, eighth-highest in the NHL.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 7
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 11
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 39
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 62
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)