Oct 20, 2013, 1:22 AM EDT
For the second straight year, San Jose is off to an impressive start.
Just one year after going 7-0-0 to begin the season, the Sharks moved to 7-0-1 in 2013-14 thanks to a 6-3 victory over Calgary in San Jose on Saturday night.
The win kept the Sharks as the NHL’s only team without a loss in regulation, and kept them atop the overall league standings with 15 points after eight games played.
The win against Calgary came courtesy a four-point performance from Joe Pavelski, the game’s first star. Pavelski, 29, scored a pair of power-play goals and chipped in with two assists to bring his overall point total on the year to 12, eighth-highest in the NHL.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)