Oct 20, 2013, 1:22 AM EDT
For the second straight year, San Jose is off to an impressive start.
Just one year after going 7-0-0 to begin the season, the Sharks moved to 7-0-1 in 2013-14 thanks to a 6-3 victory over Calgary in San Jose on Saturday night.
The win kept the Sharks as the NHL’s only team without a loss in regulation, and kept them atop the overall league standings with 15 points after eight games played.
The win against Calgary came courtesy a four-point performance from Joe Pavelski, the game’s first star. Pavelski, 29, scored a pair of power-play goals and chipped in with two assists to bring his overall point total on the year to 12, eighth-highest in the NHL.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)