Oct 20, 2013, 1:22 AM EST
For the second straight year, San Jose is off to an impressive start.
Just one year after going 7-0-0 to begin the season, the Sharks moved to 7-0-1 in 2013-14 thanks to a 6-3 victory over Calgary in San Jose on Saturday night.
The win kept the Sharks as the NHL’s only team without a loss in regulation, and kept them atop the overall league standings with 15 points after eight games played.
The win against Calgary came courtesy a four-point performance from Joe Pavelski, the game’s first star. Pavelski, 29, scored a pair of power-play goals and chipped in with two assists to bring his overall point total on the year to 12, eighth-highest in the NHL.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 5
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 57
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (59)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)