Oct 20, 2013, 1:22 AM EDT
For the second straight year, San Jose is off to an impressive start.
Just one year after going 7-0-0 to begin the season, the Sharks moved to 7-0-1 in 2013-14 thanks to a 6-3 victory over Calgary in San Jose on Saturday night.
The win kept the Sharks as the NHL’s only team without a loss in regulation, and kept them atop the overall league standings with 15 points after eight games played.
The win against Calgary came courtesy a four-point performance from Joe Pavelski, the game’s first star. Pavelski, 29, scored a pair of power-play goals and chipped in with two assists to bring his overall point total on the year to 12, eighth-highest in the NHL.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 0
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)