Oct 20, 2013, 10:03 AM EDT
Now that the Florida Panthers have new ownership, they’re reportedly ready to shake things up.
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun reports new owners Vincent Viola and Douglas Cifu aren’t happy with the team’s slow start and are ready to move any of their veteran players. Who can be had for the right price? Pretty much anyone.
The Panthers are 3-6-0 to start the season which in the Eastern Conference puts them a short winning streak away from being a playoff team. They’re just four points back of third place Montreal and six back of Atlantic Division leading Detroit and Toronto. In other words, it’s too soon to be throwing in the towel.
That said, new owners looking to do business their way isn’t anything new and GM Dale Tallon could have new marching orders.
As it is, they’ve got a solid young core with 2013 Calder Trophy winner Jonathan Huberdeau, 2013 first-round pick Aleksander Barkov, defenseman Erik Gudbranson, and goalie Jacob Markstrom. Building off of them has likely been the plan all along.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)