Oct 20, 2013, 11:47 AM EST
Penguins fans are going to have to wait a bit longer to see James Neal back in action.
According to Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the goal scoring winger will miss at least two more weeks with his upper body injury. Neal was placed on injured reserve on October 15 after re-aggravating an old injury.
To the Penguins’ credit, Neal’s injury hasn’t slowed them down much in thanks to the play of, you guessed it, Sidney Crosby.
They’re 7-1-0 on the season and only the San Jose Sharks have scored more goals (39 to Pittsburgh’s 31). Crosby, meanwhile, leads the league in points with 17 and is tied with four players atop the league in goals with seven.
Neal was injured on October 3 against the New Jersey Devils, the Pens’ first game of the year, and played just 3:49 of that game.
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 21
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 9
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 36
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 48
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Harding’s diving save highlights Wild’s win 5
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (48)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (36)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)