Oct 20, 2013, 3:16 PM EDT
Oilers coach Dallas Eakins said they’ve sent Hall back to Edmonton to have an MRI done on his injured knee. He hurt it against Ottawa on Saturday afternoon after a knee-on-knee collision with Senators defenseman Eric Gryba. There’s no timetable for when he’ll return to action.
Hall’s absence comes at a poor time as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins had just returned from his own shoulder issues and the team is already without Sam Gagner. It doesn’t help that Edmonton is also off to a rocky 2-6-1 start that’s seen Devan Dubnyk struggle in goal.
Now the Oilers will be without, arguably, their best player for an unknown length of time. As for Gryba, there has been no word yet if he’ll be disciplined by the league for his hit.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 27
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)