Oct 20, 2013, 3:16 PM EDT
Oilers coach Dallas Eakins said they’ve sent Hall back to Edmonton to have an MRI done on his injured knee. He hurt it against Ottawa on Saturday afternoon after a knee-on-knee collision with Senators defenseman Eric Gryba. There’s no timetable for when he’ll return to action.
Hall’s absence comes at a poor time as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins had just returned from his own shoulder issues and the team is already without Sam Gagner. It doesn’t help that Edmonton is also off to a rocky 2-6-1 start that’s seen Devan Dubnyk struggle in goal.
Now the Oilers will be without, arguably, their best player for an unknown length of time. As for Gryba, there has been no word yet if he’ll be disciplined by the league for his hit.
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12