Oct 20, 2013, 3:16 PM EDT
Oilers coach Dallas Eakins said they’ve sent Hall back to Edmonton to have an MRI done on his injured knee. He hurt it against Ottawa on Saturday afternoon after a knee-on-knee collision with Senators defenseman Eric Gryba. There’s no timetable for when he’ll return to action.
Hall’s absence comes at a poor time as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins had just returned from his own shoulder issues and the team is already without Sam Gagner. It doesn’t help that Edmonton is also off to a rocky 2-6-1 start that’s seen Devan Dubnyk struggle in goal.
Now the Oilers will be without, arguably, their best player for an unknown length of time. As for Gryba, there has been no word yet if he’ll be disciplined by the league for his hit.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)