Oct 20, 2013, 3:16 PM EST
Oilers coach Dallas Eakins said they’ve sent Hall back to Edmonton to have an MRI done on his injured knee. He hurt it against Ottawa on Saturday afternoon after a knee-on-knee collision with Senators defenseman Eric Gryba. There’s no timetable for when he’ll return to action.
Hall’s absence comes at a poor time as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins had just returned from his own shoulder issues and the team is already without Sam Gagner. It doesn’t help that Edmonton is also off to a rocky 2-6-1 start that’s seen Devan Dubnyk struggle in goal.
Now the Oilers will be without, arguably, their best player for an unknown length of time. As for Gryba, there has been no word yet if he’ll be disciplined by the league for his hit.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 2
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 33
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15