Oct 20, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers have to wait until Thursday for their next chance to get a second win this season. While that might provide a little anxiety, it also gives players time to refresh and heal up. That might be enough time for Vincent Lecavalier to return against the New York Rangers, but Scott Hartnell remains week-to-week, according to CSNPhilly.com.
Lecavalier, 33, is believed to be dealing with a groin injury. He’s been a pretty solid contributor on a Flyers team that is struggling mightily to score.
Hartnell, 31, didn’t feel quite as good as Lecavalier after skating on Sunday.
“Not bad. I have to be a little careful what I can do out there,” Hartnell said. “It’s amazing how fast you can get out of shape. It’s been just over a week for me and I was really sucking wind out there.”
At least the struggling power forward has a sense of humor about it, as the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi shares.
— Sam Carchidi (@BroadStBull) October 20, 2013
Apologies to any redheads who might have been offended by Hartnell’s self deprecation.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)