Oct 20, 2013, 2:18 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are on fire, and they have their veteran core to thank.
Paced by a combined six points from Anze Kopitar and Justin Williams, the Kings knocked off Dallas 5-2 at the Staples Center on Saturday night, earning their fifth win in their last six games while moving three points back of San Jose for tops in the Pacific Division.
L.A. did the business despite falling behind 1-0 in the first period on Tyler Seguin‘s fourth goal of the season. The Kings responded to Seguin’s tally with two goals from Williams — scored in a five-minute span at the end of the frame — and seized control in the third on goals from Drew Doughty, Kyle Clifford and Matt Greene.
While Williams and Kopitar paved the way with three points each, they were hardly L.A.’s lone offensive weapons on the night.
The Kings got multi-point efforts from Doughty, Greene and Jake Muzzin to successfully open a four-game homestand at Staples, and are now looking like one of the NHL’s hottest clubs.
L.A. has lost just once since suffering back-to-back defeats to Winnipeg and the New York Rangers at the beginning of the year. Those losses were followed by wins against Ottawa, Carolina and Florida — then a 5-1 defeat in Tampa Bay.
The Kings rebounded sharply since that loss to the Lightning, though, beating Nashville 2-1 in a shootout on Thursday then knocking off the Stars on Saturday.
Sep 2, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
He was expecting a two or three year contract.
Sep 2, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
The 26-year-old refuted the report in Ilta-Sanomat.
Sep 2, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
The 23-year-old appeared in 38 games with Chicago last season.
Sep 2, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
“I’m a realist. If nothing happens, that’s the way it is.”
Sep 2, 2015, 12:34 PM EDT
Can he beat out Cam Talbot and Ben Scrivens?
Sep 2, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
“I know that it’s not just me that feels I can be a lot better and be the player that I know I’m going to be and I want to be.”
Sep 2, 2015, 11:47 AM EDT
Another diamond in the rough?
Sep 2, 2015, 10:59 AM EDT
He also wanted them to get swept in the opening playoff round against Nashville, apparently.
Sep 2, 2015, 9:54 AM EDT
After missing most of last season with a back injury.
Sep 2, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
It will be raised before the home opener on Oct. 10.
Sep 2, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Wednesday’s collection of links.
Sep 1, 2015, 10:11 PM EDT
They were near the bottom of the league in that regard last season.
Sep 1, 2015, 9:03 PM EDT
“The way he offered his house to me shows what kind of person he is.”
Sep 1, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
They had strong attendance numbers last season too.
Sep 1, 2015, 6:04 PM EDT
The Blues have a vacancy with Patrik Berglund out for at least four months.
Sep 1, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
A few players have leapfrogged Steven Stamkos.
Sep 1, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
He played through the injury in 2014-15.
Sep 1, 2015, 2:07 PM EDT
That’s per L.A. GM Dean Lombardi.
Sep 1, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
Which leaves the question — would they make a move?
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)