Oct 20, 2013, 10:36 AM EST
Brent Burns is ditching his wild outdoorsman look, but for a good cause.
According to the Sharks, the defenseman-turned-forward will be getting rid of his famous hair and beard on November 1 to raise money for the Defending the Blue Line and Katie Moore Foundation charities. He’ll be getting a buzz cut and shaving off his full, wildman beard in an effort to raise money for both non-profits.
From now until Halloween, the Sharks are hoping to raise $5,000 for each charity and with how famous his look has become, it probably won’t take too long to meet their goal.
To make things even more crazy, one of Burns’ Sharks teammates will get to do the honors of shaving him.
“I’m sure there will be a long line of guys wanting to cut my hair,” Burns said with a laugh. “With this disaster on my face, I figured that maybe some good can come from it and we can help a couple of deserving causes.”
This sounds like a job for Tomas “Teenage Mutant Ninja” Hertl.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)