Oct 20, 2013, 10:36 AM EST
Brent Burns is ditching his wild outdoorsman look, but for a good cause.
According to the Sharks, the defenseman-turned-forward will be getting rid of his famous hair and beard on November 1 to raise money for the Defending the Blue Line and Katie Moore Foundation charities. He’ll be getting a buzz cut and shaving off his full, wildman beard in an effort to raise money for both non-profits.
From now until Halloween, the Sharks are hoping to raise $5,000 for each charity and with how famous his look has become, it probably won’t take too long to meet their goal.
To make things even more crazy, one of Burns’ Sharks teammates will get to do the honors of shaving him.
“I’m sure there will be a long line of guys wanting to cut my hair,” Burns said with a laugh. “With this disaster on my face, I figured that maybe some good can come from it and we can help a couple of deserving causes.”
This sounds like a job for Tomas “Teenage Mutant Ninja” Hertl.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)