Oct 20, 2013, 10:36 AM EST
Brent Burns is ditching his wild outdoorsman look, but for a good cause.
According to the Sharks, the defenseman-turned-forward will be getting rid of his famous hair and beard on November 1 to raise money for the Defending the Blue Line and Katie Moore Foundation charities. He’ll be getting a buzz cut and shaving off his full, wildman beard in an effort to raise money for both non-profits.
From now until Halloween, the Sharks are hoping to raise $5,000 for each charity and with how famous his look has become, it probably won’t take too long to meet their goal.
To make things even more crazy, one of Burns’ Sharks teammates will get to do the honors of shaving him.
“I’m sure there will be a long line of guys wanting to cut my hair,” Burns said with a laugh. “With this disaster on my face, I figured that maybe some good can come from it and we can help a couple of deserving causes.”
This sounds like a job for Tomas “Teenage Mutant Ninja” Hertl.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54