Oct 20, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks announced that Dustin Penner was briefly “knocked out” thanks to a high hit by Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt, but he’s now fully mobile and can walk under his own power, according to the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott.
Here’s video of the hit, via SBNation:
PHT will keep an eye out for any other details that might emerge.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25