Ducks say Penner was briefly ‘knocked out,’ now fully mobile

Oct 20, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT

The Anaheim Ducks announced that Dustin Penner was briefly “knocked out” thanks to a high hit by Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt, but he’s now fully mobile and can walk under his own power, according to the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott.

Mostly good news, but the team also noted that the 31-year-old remains under evaluation.

Here’s video of the hit, via SBNation:

PHT will keep an eye out for any other details that might emerge.

1. namriverrat69 - Oct 21, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Penner would have been OK if he hadn’t missed the stack of pancakes he was diving for.

2. rainyday56 - Oct 21, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Penner,fully mobile? When did that happen?

3. packerswin96 - Oct 21, 2013 at 1:35 AM

namriverrat69 & rainyday56 Did you 2 even see the hit? It was a brutal f*cking dirty hit and you 2 jackasses want to make jokes?

• namriverrat69 - Oct 21, 2013 at 7:02 PM

i personally like Penner. He played for my LA Kings and as fans we joked similar to the first two comments. It seemed like he was always a little over weight and we would joke as fans do. It was a horrible hit. No disrespect was meant in the comment above. He has my prayers and sympathies for a quick get well. He got blindsided like happens too often these days. One of the things I’ve always tried to keep in perspective is a sense of humor. We can still make light of a situation no matter what. Sometimes it is do that or get totally upset like you apparently have. No need to assume I don’t care about Penner. I like him. I wanted to keep him as a King. I wish him and his Ducks well – except when they play my Kings.

Mr. packerswin96 getting your self righteousness panties all ruffled is duly noted..

4. stinkpretty1 - Oct 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Love the comments, but this is rough to see. Never wanna see a guy knocked out, but it happens

• stinkpretty1 - Oct 21, 2013 at 1:41 AM

hard to tell when garbutt left the ice, players nowadays are good at this upward hit with feet leaving the ice after contact.

5. gnazarov - Oct 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Yeah dirty hit. Garbutt and Roussel were taking runs at different Ducks players all night. No longer division rivals yet the game was still as chippy and physical as always.

Top 10 NHL Player Searches