Oct 20, 2013, 10:25 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks announced that Dustin Penner was briefly “knocked out” thanks to a high hit by Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt, but he’s now fully mobile and can walk under his own power, according to the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott.
Here’s video of the hit, via SBNation:
PHT will keep an eye out for any other details that might emerge.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 22
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11